The Agile Coach will help the Alcumus engineering teams adopt and evolve our Agile practices and methods. You will work across our teams to foster a more effective and transparent engineering process, enabling better outcomes, solutions and services for our end users leading to safer workplaces.
We are a global technology team based across Canada and the UK. We have a flexible workplace policy and you'll be able to work from anywhere in the UK, however this role will require regular travel to our Cardiff office.
What that means day to day
As Agile coach you will lead our global scrum master capability taking members of the organisation on a journey. You should have a technical background and be passionate about cultivating a flexible and open approach to work based on a set of common guidelines which you will be responsible for creating and delivering.
- Lead and grow the Agile capability across engineering with full accountability for Agile processes and procedures
- Create a world class global team, working with our people partners to grow and develop our talent.
- Create and maintain the Agile principles within Alcumus, putting in place strategy for adoption and evolution.
- Prioritise and manage the usage of Scrum Master resources in a matrix organisation to ensure that engineering squads have the right level of QA resourcing to deliver.
- Support our continually growing squads to master the ability to work towards outcome driven quarterly goals (OKRs).
- Promote and advocate a culture of continuous improvement
- Assess the Agile maturity of the team(s) and coach to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable.
- Facilitate learning and development through individual and team coaching.
- Coach colleagues of all levels in agile practices to ensure adoption of good practices.
- Foster a lean environment, developing individuals and teams to appreciate the importance of feedback to further improve and drive effectiveness and efficiency.
- Effectively communicate agile principles, scrum practices and overall operating model across the technology organisation.
- Create and deliver a set of metrics to demonstrate the ongoing success of our engineering squad’s sprints.
- Provide strategic directional recommendations for Agile processes and change.
- Be visible within the organisation, ensuring that your group become central in bridging the gap between the strategy team’s project plans and delivery within engineering.
- Cultivate relationships and respect for the Agile management team with other engineering teams.
- Provide line management to Scrum Masters.
- Manage the configuration of JIRA.
- Represent Alcumus Agile capability externally promoting our thought leadership.
You will from time to time be required to undertake other duties of a similar nature as reasonably required by your line manager commensurate with the nature and level of the role.
What you’ll need to be successful
With extensive experience as an Agile Coach, you will have a deep understanding of the Scrum framework at scale and will be able to build a high calibre Agile function. You'll be able to successfully coach and mentor Scrum Masters, Engineers and QA in an Agile process and will have proven experience of helping medium and large sized businesses adopt and mature their agile practices.
You'll also have experience in:
What you’ll get in return
- Recognised as a coach and mentor who can adapt their coaching and mentoring style to suit the situation.
- Line management responsibility.
- Experience developing and leading scrum masters.
- Ability to apply agile principles and practices such that a sustainable and effective process is evolved.
- Ability to lead workshops and events of varying duration, providing unobtrusive, objective guidance to groups of varying sizes and experience, maintaining focus on the purpose of the meeting to collaboratively progress towards the desired goal.
- A detailed hands-on understanding of JIRA and Confluence.
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: VP Engineering
- Employment Type: full_time