The Automation Test Lead role holds responsibility for leading a team of automation test engineers in the development and support of full-lifecycle test/automation solutions across multiple software systems. In addition, this role holds responsibility for building and promoting a positive working environment for the team, keeping up to date with the latest relevant technological innovations and looking to input into/improve the QA process, team and overall development process.
What that means day to day
• Participate in recruitment and induction activities to ensure high calibre candidates are selected for the team and subsequently supported during their onboarding period.
• Provide regular, honest and constructive feedback to the team through regular 121s and PDRs, ensuring absolute clarity on expectations and performance.
• Work closely with the People Success team to manage poor performance, absence levels and disciplinary procedures as required.
• Be an integral part of the test automation team, actively contributing towards development of test strategy, tools, and services.
• Plan, create, test and maintain Continuous Integration pipelines to manage the software development lifecycle.
• Design and create automated test cases to address business and technical use cases.
• Review and regularly contribute to the ongoing improvement of team practices and Ways of Working with an aim to making the team more effective and improving quality.
• Collaborate with other teams – both within the Technology department and across the business - to identify improvements to existing processes and services.
• Work closely with other quality teams to ensure that standards are maintained and improved
• Assist in the development of junior team members.
What you'll need to be successful
· Experience working within a team delivering test automation (3+ years).
· Testing dynamic applications across web, mobile and hybrid.
· Exposure to CI tools
· Writing test cases from user stories and acceptance criteria.
· Solid understanding of how automation supports the various
· levels of test (unit, integration, system, acceptance).
Desirable skills and experience:
· Experience in a software development role.
· Penetration/Security testing.
· Performance testing.
· Non-functional testing.
· Exposure to the following:
· Ability to investigate and recommend appropriate tools.
- Employment Type: full_time