The Business Analyst role holds responsibility for input to project documentation across multiple projects; agreeing and advising on project scope; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of BA tasks and milestones; and managing customer and supplier relationships.
What that means day to day
What you’ll need to be successful
- Apply appropriate business analysis approaches across multiple projects.
- Understand customer needs and communicate these effectively to project teams.
- Gather and understand the business needs of the organisation within specific projects and operational improvement initiatives through workshops and other appropriate methods.
- Ensure solutions meet strategic, operational and customer requirements.
- Work alongside developers, QA and designers to ensure that user stories are complete, clear, concise and comprehensible.
- Ensure shared understanding of requirements and solutions across the teams and stakeholders.
- Promote the Business Analyst function within Product & Technology and throughout the business.
- Highlight any identified issues with the current process and business model.
- Take part in designing potential solutions to any problems identified during the research phase.
- Participate in preparing and delivering a report of their findings to leadership with comprehensive risk and impact assessments along with the Project Manager.
- Participate in developing comprehensive end-to-end (E2E) test cases with QA at the application and multi-application levels
- Carrying out training sessions and workshops to guide relevant teams.
- Carrying out periodic quality checks to ensure the solution meets all quality expectations - Reviewing the acceptance tests associated with the acceptance criteria.
- Analysing the new requirements from our clients and translating into functional specifications for the product developers - Evolving the details of the user stories through conversations with the developers
- Attending iteration retrospectives when necessary to provide feedback and improve the development process.
- Becomes very familiar with the products and applications comprising the assigned line of business’ technology landscape.
- Provide configuration application to support business requirements and design (including mock-ups) and the creation and maintenance of configuration documentation.
- Ensures Customer satisfaction through promptness in responding to calls, emails for assistance, queries where relevant.
- Establishes effective working relationships within the project teams.
- Apply timely and effective communication within projects to manage risk and escalations.
- Supporting Technology Programmes and projects to establish requirements, scope, business case and related project documentation.
- Assist in baselining, establishing, tracking and monitoring project KPI’s and OKR’s
- Good understanding of a range of Agile delivery methodologies
- Strong understanding of the technologies being used across projects.
- Experience of building customer facing products
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly numerate and data rational
- Patient and calm under pressure
- Enthusiastic and driven.
- Strong organizational skills, autonomous, self-motivated, curious and open-minded.
- Experience with Agile Scrum development methodology and corresponding concepts related to user stories, acceptance criteria.
- Technical, analytical, and development skills including the ability to provide solutions to a variety of business problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Ability to translate business requirements to functional specifications.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think ‘out of the box’ for process improvements.
What you’ll get in return
- Previous experience working within a fast-paced/VC backed organisation.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: Business Analysis and Readiness Manager
- Employment Type: full_time