Business Development Executive (SafeContractor)
Job Title: Business Development Executive (SafeContractor)
Salary: £23,000 + OTE of between £30,000 and £45,000
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Cardiff Office - Flex between home working and office working
What you’ll be focused on:
As a Business Development Executive (BDE) you will be able to tangibly see the outputs of your efforts and contribute towards our targets for 20% year on year growth in our new and existing product lines. This role sits within our SME side of the business and predominantly looks after our Safe Contractor offering. You will work within a team that works from both inbound and outbound leads that work to generate new business opportunities that will generate greater revenue potential for Alcumus as a whole. This role will have the opportunity to upsell and cross sell in a consultative manor.
What that means day to day:
- Obtaining and qualifying leads via numerous lead generation methods
- Working through the database of clients to talk to them over
- Talking to potential clients about what their needs are and how we can support them with a solution.
- Working with SafeContractor customers to fully explore the product capabilities in line with what their business needs.
- Working with the client to obtain the right level of membership needed and sending out sales quotes
- Cleansing your data every week to make sure that all the information relating to the contractor is up to date – management of our CRM system
- Compose professional and compelling email communication to engage prospects
What you’ll need to be successful:
The business is high growth and agile, so we are looking for someone who can operate at pace with strong communication, organisation and prioritisation skills.
You’ll have prior experience of ….
- Outbound calling and being comfortable on the phone
- Consultative sales
- Managing your own lead pipeline
- CRM management
- Objection handling
What you’ll get in return:
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a comprehensive opportunity to earn package, mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Who we are:
By this point, you’ll likely have decided if the role sounds up your street, but what about Alcumus as an employer?
Time to introduce ourselves…
We believe that everyone should be able to go home safely from work every night, so we’ve made it our mission to build risk management solutions that are far beyond simple box ticking exercises, instead embracing new and evolving technology that will support our clients to keep their workforce safe.
We’re a PE backed, high growth business that sets ambitious goals, moves at pace, and fails fast. We believe that if you look after your people, they look after everything else, so we place significant emphasis on providing stretch for personal development. Our growth will be your growth.
We value diversity and work hard to foster a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work, each and every day. Every one of our people is unique, and that’s what makes Alcumus stronger as a whole.
What we stand for:
Our values are the core of our business and fundamental to the way we work. In your role, you will;
- Be a team player – working collaboratively and being consciously inclusive with your colleagues
- Be brave – sharing your ideas, challenging the status quo, and taking responsibility for the part you play
- Know your stuff – continuously developing your skills and expertise, with the support from our many learning offerings
- Enjoy the journey – contributing to a positive working environment that enables you and everyone around you to be at their best
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 10 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- A final stage interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Recruiter: #LIREMOTE #LI-KP1
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
- Job Function: Sales and retentions