The Business Development Manager will be responsible for securing new business from a set of specific market sectors that are a key focus in our business growth strategy.
What that means day to day
- Key to your success in the role will be the development and maintenance of a strong pipeline of opportunities that will come from a combination of self-generated and company provided leads.
- You’ll have the autonomy to develop a targeted strategy for your sectors to identify and win new business in line with your sales targets.
- Maintaining a good understanding of the products and service offering will be key as you need to be seen as an expert in the field of supply chain compliance solutions and become a trusted advisor to a range of clients in your sectors.
- Able to expertly navigate relationships with multiple stakeholders including procurement, health and safety and sustainability directors.
- You’ll expertly manage the sales process and follow our sales procedures to ensure you can accurately forecast each month and quarter.
- You will have close relationships with other Business Development Managers, the Business Development Exec’s that qualify your leads and book some of your appointments, as well as the wider marketing and onboarding teams.
What you’ll need to be successful
You’ll be customer outcome and results focused with a consultative approach to uncover and solve customer’s needs, preferably in a SaaS company.
You will be commercial confident and know how to generate profit for your team and value for your customers.
You’ll have excellent communication and influencing skills.
You’ll be self-motivated and have the drive to succeed in a high performance environment and be hold a strong track record of delivering against your new business targets.
You will be the kind of person that continuously strives to learn and improve performance and results.
Previous experience working with procurement, health and safety or sustainability stakeholders would be advantageous.
What you’ll get in return
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Contract type: Permanent
- Working hours per week: 37.5
- Employment Type: full_time