Business Development Manager (Enterprise Division)
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: £Negotiable + Strong, un-capped OTE + Company Car/Car Allowance
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Field-Based, National
Reporting to the Sales Director - Enterprise, the Business Development Manager opportunity holds responsibility for delivering against new business sales targets across key target sectors (manufacturing, facilities management, construction, property, etc), managing each opportunity throughout the end-to-end sales cycle.
Alcumus is the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier, and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have extensive new business experience within a consultative field-based sales role, a proven track record of negotiating deals in a corporate environment, and highly developed influencing and relationship management skills.
You will be an effective communicator with the ability to navigate a prospective buyer's ecosystem with multiple stakeholders to facilitate deal closure and be comfortable in managing multiple workloads at differing paces.
With a strong work ethic, you will be self-motivated to achieve results and be comfortable working alone within a national team.
Experience within SaaS/ Health & Safety/ Procurement/ Supply Chain would also be advantageous.
The Bits Our People Love
We have a genuine focus on health and wellbeing – with mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage you to bring your best self to work.
We invest in the development of our people - we have a progressive, customer focussed Learning & Development team working to support both your personal and professional development; helping you to shape your career pathway in a way that works for you (28% of our roles in 2020 were filled by internal promotions!).
We care about charitable work and CSR in our communities – we have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
We celebrate success with regular recognition – whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service, or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
We work with some fantastic people – we’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – increasing with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes.
- Work your way- we have a flexible working options available to allow you to be at your best.
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life.
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. This covers dependents under 18 in full time education too.
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind.
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further.
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first; we offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender.
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments.
We will endeavour to provide feedback on your application within two weeks of submitting your CV.
The typical recruitment process for shortlisted candidates will be an initial conversation with the recruitment team followed by two/three stages of interviews.
These may take place via telephone, Microsoft Teams, or face-to-face.
- Recruiter: #LI-LP1 #LI-REMOTE
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
- Job Function: Enterprise Division