Job Title: Channel & Alliances Director
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Field Based (National), United Kingdom
Reporting to the VP Sales Enterprise, the Channel & Alliances Director opportunity holds responsibility for assessing, developing and maintaining corporate partnerships aligned to the Software product line brands to drive and maximise incremental revenue for Alcumus.
We believe that everyone should be able to go home safely from work every night, so we’ve made it our mission to build risk management solutions that are far beyond simple box ticking exercises, instead embracing new and evolving technology that will support our clients to keep their workforce safe.
We’re a PE backed, high growth business that sets ambitious goals, moves at pace, and fails fast. We believe that if you look after your people, they look after everything else, so we place significant emphasis on providing stretch for personal development. Our growth will be your growth.
We value diversity and work hard to foster a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work, each and every day. Every one of our people is unique, and that’s what makes Alcumus stronger as a whole.
The Software division comprises of three key business lines;
Our award-winning Info-Exchange product line ‘join the dots’ by creating business intelligence that brings clarity and transparency. With clients of over 20 years, the Info-Exchange product helps organisations to digitise the day-to-day tasks that underpin their business to improve performance and operational efficiency.
Our Sypol product line specialises in providing simple and effective solutions that help organisations to protect their staff, comply with COSHH legislation and create competitive advantage through a unique combination of COSHH software, consultancy and training.
Our recently acquired Banyard Solutions product line provides electronic permit to work software and work authorisation solutions that breathe life into clients’ existing paper processes, delivering control of contractors and reduced risks.
Our values are the core of our business and fundamental to the way we work. In your role as Personal Assistant, you will;
- Be a team player – working collaboratively and being consciously inclusive with your colleagues
- Be brave – sharing your ideas, challenging the status quo, and taking responsibility for the part you play
- Know your stuff – continuously developing your skills and expertise, with the support from our many learning offerings
- Enjoy the journey – contributing to a positive working environment that enables you and everyone around you to be at their best
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have experience of self-generating multi-million £ pipeline value through to successful conversion in a complex B2B sales environment and a proven track record of developing and monetising indirect sales channels with advisories, consultancies, integrators and technology alliances.
You will be an effective communicator with the ability to navigate a prospective buyer's ecosystem with multiple stakeholders to manage and win complex sales with £x00k+ deal values, using proven structures sales methodologies.
Experience selling EHS/GRC/Business Process Management technology and/or creating alliances within Insurance or Risk Management Advisory sectors would also be advantageous.
The Bits Our People Love
We have a genuine focus on health and wellbeing – with mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage you to bring your best self to work.
We invest in the development of our people - we have a progressive, customer focussed Learning & Development team working to support both your personal and professional development; helping you to shape your career pathway in a way that works for you (28% of our roles in 2020 were filled by internal promotions!).
We care about charitable work and CSR in our communities – we have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
We celebrate success with regular recognition – whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service, or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
We work with some fantastic people – we’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – increasing with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes.
- Work your way- we have a flexible working options available to allow you to be at your best.
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life.
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. This covers dependents under 18 in full time education too.
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind.
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further.
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first; we offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender.
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments.
We will endeavour to provide feedback on your application within two weeks of submitting your CV.
The typical recruitment process for shortlisted candidates will be an initial conversation with the recruitment team followed by two/three stages of interviews. The interview process will consist of:An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- A final stage interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
These may take place via telephone, Microsoft Teams, or face-to-face.
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
- Job Function: Enterprise Division