The Corporate Communications Manager for Alcumus will be responsible for planning and delivering the yearly external media relations including PR, Social, IR and External/Reactive Communications.
The role will be the single point of contact for all external media relations, as well as the go to person internally for organising and liaising with external media and communications partners.
What that means day to day
What you’ll need to be successful
- Develop and implement yearly PR and social media plans
- Developing Alcumus’s external media presence
- Write press releases and other external messaging and materials in the consistent messaging and with the businesses tone of voice
- Ensure that all communications align with business objectives and promote the Alcumus brand through consistent key themes and message
- Provide an external public relations service including acting as the single point of contact for all PR and media enquiries and requests for information
- Working with senior spokespeople, create relevant thought leadership content and elevate the organisation’s voice within the industry as well as the key people within the organisation
- Provide direct communications support to C-suite stakeholders including script writing, social media management, briefing notes and other long and short-form content
What you’ll get in return
- Commercial experience working within a complex and fast paced B2B environment
- First class writing and communication skills with a great eye for detail and ability to flex and adapt tone and language to engage difference audiences.
- Experience of working within a Public Relations and Social Media communications environment
- Proven ability to provide strategic advice on communications approach, planning and execution for key stakeholders.
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Employment Type: full_time