We're looking for a Customer Support and Data Administrator to join our team. This is a development role with a training programme and holds a supporting role in the delivery of multiple bespoke software solutions and helpdesk support through the Alcumus delivery processes, meeting time, quality and cost KPI’s working within our best practice, quality and people competency framework.
This role works directly with Support Desk Agents and the Support Desk Manager to assist in the delivery and support of our software, gaining more responsibility as experience increases.
What that means day to day
- Responding to customer requests for assistance, primarily electronically (via email or messaging) however also by telephone.
- Keeping the support ‘ticket’ system up to date, as customers contact us with new requests or updates to existing ones.
- Managing daily administration tasks and distribution of weekly reports to key people at our customers.
- Responding to other staff members in a timely and courteous manner.
- Updating user accounts with access to systems, following written procedures.
- Liaising with other staff internally (particularly support desk agents and software developers), to ensure customer problems are resolved.
- Data entry and updating of customer information.
- Problem solving by researching previous similar issues.
- Weekly reporting to Operations Manager on current projects and other activities
- Monitor quality of work and service ensuring highest standards at all times
- Ensure excellent communications internally
What you’ll need to be successful
- A minimum GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Software.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be able to follow procedures, with a strong attention to detail.
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation.
- Interest in troubleshooting/investigating and problem solving.
- The desire to deliver a first-class customer service.
What you’ll get in return
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: Nathan Kirk
- Employment Type: permanent_full_time