The DevOps Engineer role holds responsibility for designing, building, and implementing robust CI/CD solutions across the various portfolios in the business. In addition, this role holds responsibility for assisting in the delivery of projects for all products across the Alcumus portfolio by ensuring the teams have efficient build, release, and deploy pipelines.
What that means day to day
What you’ll need to be successful
- Be a part of the growing DevOps team and work towards implementation of outlined solutions for the various portfolios of our business.
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines to automate deployments pertaining to our DevOps Strategy.
- Ship high quality, scalable, secure, and robust solutions.
- Work in squads to ensure that solution design and solution implementation align and evolve together, using an agile mindset.
- Attend squad stand-up meetings, retrospectives, and planning sessions to support successful execution of their missions.
- Participate in collaborative team planning processes (estimating, prioritizing, etc.), and identify significant project milestones and risks.
- Use and be familiar with the latest tools and technologies and be at the forefront of innovation.
- Be talented, highly motivated, and passionate about software quality and continuously strive to improve your skills and the quality of our software products.
- Providing support during the opening hours of the tech support team and 24/7 support via an on-call rota.
- The consideration and application of information security principles within day-to-day tasks.
- Demonstrable previous experience of working in a DevOps or SRE role.
- Experience designing, building, and implementing CI/CD pipeline(s), ideally within GitHub Actions.
- Experience of implementing “Release on Demand” capabilities within a SaaS model.
- Sound understanding of DevOps tools and technologies.
- Good scripting/automation skills in at least one of the languages such as python, bash, and PowerShell.
- Experience with building docker images, deploying applications in Kubernetes clusters using helmfile and helm charts.
- Experience / knowledge of integrating QA automation and security tools in CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience working with source control tools such as GitHub.
- Excellent documentation skills preferably on confluence.
- Knowledge of agile software development practices.
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills ability to approach problems in a structured way and find reliable solutions.
What you’ll get in return
- Experience working with multiple cloud providers like Azure, AWS and GCP.
- Experience in managing container orchestration systems, such as Kubernetes.
- Experience working with Keycloak or other tools supporting authentication / authorization.
- Experience working with React, Node, C# and .NET.
- Experience provisioning and configuring infrastructure using IaC solutions.
- An understanding of networking concepts, including TCP/IP, DNS, and HTTP.
- Experience using event streaming platforms like Kafka.
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: DevOps Manager
- Employment Type: full_time