The Dynamics Development Manager is responsible for leading a team of Dynamics developers and system analysts that oversee the development and support of back-office services at Alcumus.
This will include day-to-day management of Dynamics developers in the creation of high-quality solutions within an Agile environment, whilst building and promoting a positive working environment and motivating team members.
What that means day to day
• Accountable for the implementation, development and support of high-quality solutions within our customer lifecycle tech stack.
• Prioritisation of colleague support requests that have been escalated from the Tech Support team.
• Work to ensure smooth operation of team processes (stand up, planning, grooming, retros). Evaluate blockers to team velocity and / or quality, and champion improvements to processes to drive high quality solutions.
• Support project prioritisation, design and scoping effort, development, testing and deployment of new and existing solutions.
• Work with stakeholder groups such as Engineering, Product, Delivery, Infrastructure, Tech Support, Quality Assurance, DevOps, Customer Success and any other group to ensure smooth communication of team progress to project priorities and to remove any blockers to team velocity. Identify process improvements where needed.
• Support healthy discussion and growth of technical skillsets in the team via peer-review of work, planning, team demos, retros, or other avenues of shared learning and team growth.
• Provide regular, honest and constructive feedback to the team through one-on-ones and performance reviews, ensuring absolute clarity on expectations and performance. Follow all performance management guidelines provided by People Success to support high performance.
• Organise, mentor and motivate a talented team steering them through a significant period of growth and change.
• Excellent communication skills, with an ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and business functional point of view at all levels from end-user to senior management
• Previous experience leading a team of technical resources.
• Contribute to process improvement initiatives.
What you’ll need to be successful
• Leading teams and associated experience in driving high performance in teams (motivation, performance management, engagement)
• Strong understanding of the QA process and delivering reliable software
• Extensive experience in the implementation, development and support of Dynamics and associated customer lifecycle tools.
• Experience with modern, agile planning process and related tools (JIRA, Confluence, Scrum)
• Excellent communication skills, collaborative and able to inspire others
• Analytical and logical mind
• Ability to prioritise and work within deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure
• Principles-minded, with the ability to push back when proper procedures are not being followed correctly.
• Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or similar experience.
• Experience working with Dynamics as part of a modern DevOps process, along with associated CI/CD technology.
• Previous experience of back office system integration and migration.
• Experience of the current Microsoft Azure cloud stack (e.g. Logic Apps, SQL, Service Bus, Functions, Insights).
What you’ll get in return
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: VP, Information Technology
- Employment Type: full_time