The Head of Compliance role holds responsibility for the day-to-day management of ISOQAR’s compliance, ensuring that all business and UKAS requirements are adhered to. The Head of Compliance role will be predominantly responsible for compliance tasks relating to our accreditation and alongside The Head of Technical, the Compliance Lead will effectively manage and participate in our external UKAS audits.
What that means day to day
What you’ll need to be successful
- Responsible for building and reshaping the existing compliance activities to strike the right balance between the business's commercial needs and to maintain our compliance with UKAS, APMG, and BRC
- Responsible for leading our compliance resource
- Responsible for ensuring the annual compliance plan is followed, supported, and delivered
- Project managing compliance initiatives as and when required
- Managing the competency requirements and expectations for our audit resource Compliance tasks related to ISO 17021 and ISO 17065
- Managing and undertaking internal audits and feedback results to key stakeholders Responsible for working with the management team and relevant departments to investigate and effectively close out areas of non-conformance
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and learning around compliance and UKAS requirements to build a more robust support network in the management team Create, review, and maintain procedures and compliance-related information, supporting department heads with maintaining their own team's compliance with our management systems
- Present, train and effectively communicate process changes to key stakeholders
- Support with the recruitment of staff and competence of the technical team and auditors
- Ensure the compliant delivery of audits through the continued competency of the audit team
- Support with the NPD (New Product Development) process for new and existing standards
- Create a standardised compliance framework for each sector.
- Support Sector Managers with their associated tasks to maintain each sector well.
- Support the regions and Regional Operations Managers with Lead Auditor education in the requirements in relation to 17021 and 17065 with the view to driving compliance thus reducing UKAS findings and supporting Technical Officer's workload
- Support the business in ensuring growth targets are met and exceeded whilst ensuring compliance obligations/accreditations are met by ensuring internal processes support the business
- Excellent knowledge of the certification industry
- Excellent knowledge of operational management
- Good knowledge of ISO 17021/17065 requirements
What you’ll get in return
- Degree level educated
- Project Management skills
- Previous experience of working with UKAS / Accreditation Bodies
- Lead Auditor qualifications in the 3 core standards (9001, 14001, 45001).
- Internal auditor
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Employment Type: full_time