Health and Safety Consultant – SafeWorkforce
Creating Safer Workplaces for Everyone.
We want to create a better working world by building a global network of responsible buyers and suppliers. Alcumus SafeContractor takes the pain out of compliance for over 50,000 organisations globally, helping them protect their people, their operations, and the planet. We support our network of hiring clients, suppliers, and contractors by keeping them compliant with the standards that matter most, from health and safety and sustainability to ethical behaviour.
The Health and Safety Consultant holds responsibility for the delivery of the SafeWorkforce Health and Safety Consultancy at client sites across the UK. You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients, undertaking site inspections, audits including fire safety risk assessments. You will delight your regular customers with your exceptional Health and Safety expertise, and help us grow our client base and achieve our mission of making workplaces safer!
Please note, this role is field based covering the East Anglia region - Peterborough, Northampton, Kings Lynn with occasional travel outside of this area.
What that means day to day
As a Consultant, you will be responsible for planning and delivering SafeWorkforce Consultancy work in the field of HSE in accordance with client contracts, Acting as the key point of contact (competent person) for the client on any health and safety related matters. You will demonstrate an adaptable approach with ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
This will including undertaking inspections and audits, including fire risk assessments (as required under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005), of clients' premises/activities as required and produce detailed reports of findings and recommendations, ensuring strong attention to detail with ability to produce high quality reports and documents.
You will need to identify and escalate serious operational issues, and be alert to health and safety hazards at work and to take all necessary steps to control risks. You will be responsible for completion of all tasks in accordance with set priorities, budgetary considerations, target dates, company standards and procedures. You will need strong organisational skills with the ability to work using own initiative and manage own diary utilising PC and diary management skills, ensuring your KPI's and the client expectations are met.
The role will include but not limited to:
What you’ll need to be successful
- Participating in the delivery of training clients and Company training sessions as required
- Participate and support business improvement by participating in technical input to proposals / quotations, development plans and service improvements
- Work with all Alcumus teams to develop, grow and maintain relationships to improve and drive a consistent approach to customers
- Ensure cross/multi-product selling opportunities are identified and passed to the relevant team
- Assist clients with H&S Accreditations such as SafeContractor.
You will need to demonstrate proficiency in the delivery of technical services and familiarity with legislation and best practices, ideally within a Consultancy environment, with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team. As this role is client facing, you will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills: ability to present confidently and effectively, with the ability to develop customer relationships.
- BSc Degree or Diploma in Risk Management / Environmental Health
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent)
- Minimum Graduate member of IOSH (Working towards Chartered status)
- NEBOSH Certificate Fire Safety & Risk Management or fire risk assessment related qualification
What you'll get in return
- Occupational Health & Safety Consultants Register (OSHCR)
- British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) module W505 - Control of Hazardous Substances
- British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) module W503 - Noise - Measurement and its Effects
Alcumus has a hybrid workplace policy, where you will work from the office 3 days per week. We want you to be able to do your best work here. We emphasize providing many ways to support our team to do their best work and below are some of the perks and benefits we offer:
Personal Health & Wellbeing / Benefits
>🍼 Enhanced Parental Leave
>🌴Generous annual leave
>🏥 Healthcare Plan
>💟 Annual Giving Day – an extra day to give back to yourself or your community
>🚲 Cycle-to-work Scheme
>💰Pension scheme with employer contributions
>🧬 Life Assurance – 3X base salary
>💸 Rewards Program – access to discounts and cashback
>🏫 LinkedIn Learning License for upskilling & development
Interested but don’t feel you meet all the requirements?
Our recruitment team assesses and reviews all applications against the role and business needs. We believe in people having transferable and soft skills and want you to know that we do consider where an individual might not meet all the criteria, but have the aptitude and capability, nonetheless. Our priority is to ensure we set people up for success. We will make a final call based on our determining whether we can offer the necessary support to upskill or provide the developmental support needed for you to get the best out of this opportunity with us!
Bring Your Whole Self to Work.
Alcumus is proudly an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that no candidate is discriminated against because of gender identity and expression, race, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, colour, region, creed, national origin, or sex. We are dedicated to growing a diverse team while continuing to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe and empowered to be themselves.
What you can expect if you apply:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: HS Technical Manager
- Employment Type: full_time