Reporting to the Technical Team Manager, the Health and Safety Support Officer (known internally as Technical Support Officer) role holds responsibility for supporting the Audit Services team in the completion of desk top assessments of registered customer’s accreditation documentation and providing technical assistance via call and email, ensuring a first-class customer experience is maintained.
What that means day to day
Complete a pre-audit on a customer’s information to ensure a minimum standard has been demonstrated before passing across to the full audit.
Working through cases of pre-audits of customers to ensure everything required is collated and giving clients feedback and support on areas of improvement with the aim of getting them accredited. You will also be proving health and safety advice and guidance to customers through excellent customer service.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Experience in an administration/customer service role
- Confidence in handling customer enquiries via telephone and other means.
- Ability to work consistently, and to prescribed quality processes and standards
- Communication Skills- Good communicator with good standard of written English.
- Team Player - Ability to work well within a team and towards a common objective.
- Organised - Ability to manage own workload, with completion to deadlines.
- Focused - Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
What you’ll get in return
- Experience within health & safety or other compliance related service
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know
- Employment Type: permanent