Health and Safety Support Officer (Customer Service)
As a Health and Safety Support Officer at Alcumus (known internally as a Technical Support Officer), you'll support the Audit Services team in the completion of desktop assessments of registered customer's accreditation documentation, and will provide technical support via phone and email to customers ensuring a first-class customer experience!
You will work across our SafeContractor product which provides UKAS accredited, contractor accreditation services to the contractor market. The SafeContractor product ensures that contractors meet the necessary requirements around health and safety, equal opportunities, diversity and environmental management practices - all in one plan!
We will support you with ongoing development and training during your career with Alcumus, and health and safety specific qualifications that are required for this role.
The role is hybrid, working from our office in Cardiff on a regular basis.
What that means day to day
What you’ll need to be successful
- Complete pre-audit checks on customer information to ensure a minimum standard has been demonstrated before it progresses to the full audit.
- Working through a number of pre-audit checks of customer's information to ensure everything required is collated.
- Providing feedback to customers and collating any missing required information for the pre-audit checks.
- Support customers with areas of improvement where more information is needed in order to pass the audit and become accredited.
- Provide health and safety advice and guidance to customers (full training provided).
Customer service, administrative experience and attention to detail are the most important skills for this role; you will spend a lot of time liaising with customers and verifying documentation ahead of the full audit cycle. The ability to demonstrate consistency in applying quality processes and standards and the ability to identify discrepancies will also be required.
You will need to be confident in handling customer enquiries via telephone and email and will need to demonstrate a good standard of written English also.
Our Health and Safety Support Officers work as part of a close-knit team so it is important for you to be a team player, working well within a team setting and able to work towards a common objective with your peers.
You may have some experience, or even an interest in health and safety or compliance, although this is not essential.
What you’ll get in return
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: Technical Team Manager
- Employment Type: full_time