The Health and Safety Auditor role holds responsibility for completing proportionate, risk-based, desktop health and safety audits in accordance with our standards.
What that means day to day
- Providing guidance to our customers to support them in compiling all the relevant data to allow them to complete our desk-top based assessments.
- Completing audits on a customer’s information to ensure our standard has been reached before issuing approval.
- Providing clear feedback via detailed reports on areas of non-compliance to assessment standards to ensure customers understand the requirements of the assessment.
- Providing excellent levels of customer service to ensure our customers have a seamless process throughout the audit journey.
- Working within a target-based environment, to meet productivity & quality targets in line with our business KPI’s.
- Ensuring impartiality & independence procedures are clearly understood and implemented to ensure compliance with the requirements of ISO17020.
- Ensuring undue influence from other potentially conflicting activities is not applied in any way that could impact the impartiality and independence procedures in line with the requirements of ISO17020.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Detailed knowledge of current health and safety legislation/ industry best practices
- Experience within health and safety or another compliance-related service.
- Competent with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence in handling customer enquiries via telephone and other means
- Team Player
- Focused with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent)
- Tech IOSH Membership (minimum)
- Pass the 1-day SSIP Assessor training course within 6 months of appointment
What you’ll get in return
- Experience in a health and safety role or construction industry (2+ years)
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
· A response to your application within 15 working days
· An interview process consisting of:
o An initial discovery call with the recruiter
o A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
o Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Recruiter for this role: Katie Phillips
- Contract type: Permanent
- Working hours per week: 37.5
- Employment Type: full_time