Location - West Yorkshire with occasional travel outside of this.
The Health and Safety Consultant, SafeWorkforce role holds responsibility for the delivery of SafeWorkforce at client sites across the UK
What that means day to day
What you’ll need to be successful
- Plan and deliver SafeWorkforce packaged services in accordance with the SafeWorkforce contract
- Undertake inspections and audits, including fire risk assessments (as required under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005), of clients' premises/activities as required and produce detailed reports of findings and recommendations
- Undertake consultancy work in the field of HSE in accordance with the agreed SafeWorkforce contract
- Participate and support business improvement by participating in technical input to proposals / quotations, development plans and service.
- Ensure selling opportunities are identified and passed to the relevant team
- Assist clients with H&S Accreditations such as SafeContractor.
- BSc Degree or Diploma in Risk Management / Environmental Health
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent)
- Minimum Graduate member of IOSH (Working towards Chartered status)
- NEBOSH Certificate Fire Safety & Risk Management or fire risk assessment related qualification
What you’ll get in return
- Occupational Health & Safety Consultants Register (OSHCR)
- British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) module W505 - Control of Hazardous Substances
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Employment Type: full_time