Reporting to the HS Technical Manager the Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients across different industries. The role is office based with the ability to work hybrid and will focus on providing remote H&S Support to clients that purchase digital support packages.
What that means day to day
- To provide best in class customer focussed support for all customers providing competent H&S advice and identifying the point of escalation to the H&S Consultant as appropriate to fulfil the customers needs.
- Provide digital H&S Consultancy support such as SSIP application support, support with policies, RAMS and general HS advice by phone, email, and digital call channels such as Teams and Skype.
- Ensure that all PSM Health & Safety policies are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Carry out upselling duties to our existing client base on additional Evalu-8 features
- Plan and manage personal capacity in conjunction with the H&S & HR Team Manager aligned with portfolio expectations
- Work with all Alcumus teams to develop, grow and maintain relationships to improve and drive a consistent approach to customers
- Ensure selling opportunities are identified and passed to the relevant team within Alcumus
- Work with the HR & H&S Team Manager and Head of Operations to identify and work towards opportunities for improvement
- Experience in customer services via phone calls and email support
What you’ll need to be successful
- Demonstrated proficiency in delivery of technical services and familiarity with legislation and best practices
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Health and Safety
- Ability to think and operate in a fastpaced environment
- Proven track record of delivering first class service and managing stakeholder expectations
- NEBOSH General, Construction
- Tech Member of IOSH (Working towards Grad status)
What you’ll get in return
- Experience of formulating and revising H&S policies and procedures
- Attention to detail, patience and diplomacy
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Employment Type: full_time