Job Title: HR Consultant
Salary: £35,000 + Company Car/Car Allowance
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Field-Based (South-West)
Ideal Location: Bristol
Reporting to the Head of Technical Delivery, the HR Consultant role holds responsibility for delivering a variety of HR consultancy services, including delivering excellent employment law advice, guidance, and support to enable the delivery of each SME client’s business objectives.
Building long-lasting relationships with clients, the HR Consultant will be required to use their insight to identify additional opportunities and pass these to the relevant sales teams.
Alcumus is the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier, and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally.
Our PSM (People and Safety Management) product line has over 28 years of experience in providing people and safety management, with an enviable client base and impressive client retention scores.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has the ability to think and operate in a fast-paced consultancy environment.
You will have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), be an effective decision-maker and hold the ability to interact confidently both face to face and over the telephone.
Qualified to CIPD Level 5 or equivalent, you will have experience in an operational HR capacity within the industry or in a consultancy role and will be able to demonstrate success in a driven, customer-focused environment.
The Bits Our People Love
We have a genuine focus on health and wellbeing – with mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage you to bring your best self to work.
We invest in the development of our people - we have a progressive, customer focussed Learning & Development team working to support both your personal and professional development; helping you to shape your career pathway in a way that works for you (28% of our roles in 2020 were filled by internal promotions!).
We care about charitable work and CSR in our communities – we have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
We celebrate success with regular recognition – whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service, or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
We work with some fantastic people – we’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – increasing with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes.
- Work your way- we have a flexible working options available to allow you to be at your best.
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life.
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. This covers dependents under 18 in full time education too.
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind.
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further.
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first; we offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender.
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments.
We will endeavour to provide feedback on your application within two weeks of submitting your CV.
The typical recruitment process for shortlisted candidates will be an initial conversation with the recruitment team followed by two/three stages of interviews.
These may take place via telephone, Microsoft Teams, or face-to-face.
- Recruiter: #LI-BW1
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
- Job Function: PSM