The Infrastructure Engineer role holds responsibility for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining the company’s IT infrastructure.
In addition, this role holds responsibility for acting as an escalation point to customers and colleagues within agreed service levels and KPIs.
Building innovative solutions; enabling safer workplaces for everyone.
We’ll create a safer working world, building software to support a global network of responsible buyers, suppliers and partners.
Today, at Alcumus we take the pain out of compliance for over 50,000 organisations globally, helping them protect their people, their operations, and the planet.
Keeping our network of hiring clients, suppliers, and contractors compliant with the standards that matter most, from health and safety and sustainability to ethical behaviour by building best in class solutions.
The tech we build today, will create a better tomorrow.
What that means day to day
What you’ll need to be successful
- Monitoring and maintaining our IT Infrastructure in order to allow continued service to
- our customers
- Specification, design and implementation of infrastructure for both internal systems and
- our client facing applications.
- Providing technical support to 500+ users, while maintaining a high degree of customer
- Supporting company hardware and software
- Assist in the deployment, and ongoing support of key security systems
- Working closely with our external third-party service providers
- Being pro-active in investigating and suggesting methods and actions to increase
- efficiency and effectiveness
- Providing support during the opening hours of the Tech Support Team, 08:00 till 17:00
- via shifts
- The consideration and application of information security principles within to day to day
- Work closely with engineering teams to provide the appropriate toolsets and support
- Advanced knowledge of back-office systems.
- A good understanding of network technologies.
- Previous experience of building/maintaining infrastructure equipment on premise and in a cloud environment.
- Microsoft 365 administration.
- Windows Server.
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner.
- Personal Attributes
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to work under pressure of tight timescales.
- Enthusiastic and pragmatic
What you'll get in return
- Experience of using call logging software
- Workstation management via Intune or Jamf
- Skills and Competencies
- Firewall/network management.
- Telephony system management.
- PowerShell/Bash administration
- Degree level educated.
Alcumus has a hybrid workplace policy, where you will work from the office 3 days per week. We want you to be able to do your best work here. We emphasize providing many ways to support our team to do their best work and below are some of the perks and benefits we offer:
Personal Health & Wellbeing / Benefits
>🍼 Enhanced Parental Leave
>🌴Generous annual leave
>🏥 Healthcare Plan
>💟 Annual Giving Day – an extra day to give back to yourself or your community
>🚲 Cycle-to-work Scheme
>💰Pension scheme with employer contributions
>🧬 Life Assurance – 3X base salary
>💸 Rewards Program – access to discounts and cashback
>🏫 LinkedIn Learning License for upskilling & development
Interested but don’t feel you meet all the requirements?
Our recruitment team assesses and reviews all applications against the role and business needs. We believe in people having transferable and soft skills and want you to know that we do consider where an individual might not meet all the criteria, but have the aptitude and capability, nonetheless. Our priority is to ensure we set people up for success. We will make a final call based on our determining whether we can offer the necessary support to upskill or provide the developmental support needed for you to get the best out of this opportunity with us!
Bring Your Whole Self to Work.
Alcumus is proudly an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that no candidate is discriminated against because of gender identity and expression, race, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, colour, region, creed, national origin, or sex. We are dedicated to growing a diverse team while continuing to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe and empowered to be themselves.
What you can expect if you apply:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: SecOps Lead
- Employment Type: full_time