Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom
What you'll be focused on:
Our collaborative Infrastructure team provides technical support to our 600+ users, maintaining and ensuring resilience/availability of our infrastructure, environments, applications, and services.
Using your advanced knowledge of systems & network technologies, you’ll act as an escalation point, providing technical support to our users, maintaining a high degree of customer service, all within agreed SLAs & KPIs.
Working with our wider Technology Team & our external 3rd party service providers, we’ll also look for you to suggest ways we can help build and maintain infrastructure equipment in an AWS/Azure cloud environment.
We have a wealth of projects including a new phone system swap out and improving our CI & CD process
We are committed to our team's development & welcome applications from Engineers looking to learn new and adopt new technologies, for example the Microsoft Stack.
What it is…
- A chance to make a real impact as part of our global tech team where you will be able to fail fast and develop new solutions
- A chance to work alongside a newly managed Technology team, headed up by our new CTO Rhys David seen here https://youtu.be/CngGedYoeIk
- Flexible working environment that enables you to have a voice, be bold in your ideas and enjoy the journey – it’s all about having fun in what you do as well!
- Working on technology that quite literally saves lives every single day
What it isn’t…
- A role where you will be siloed into one element of how we approach tech and innovation
- A role in the traditional ‘stuffy’ Health and Safety space. Seriously … our products are cutting edge (hence why 33,000 + customers use them!)
- A role where you don’t have the ability to influence your stakeholders. We are all ears for new ideas so let’s hear them!
What you’ll need to be successful:
The business is high growth and agile, so we are looking for someone who can operate at pace with and has a growth mindset to enable our business to scale and innovate
You will be able to exemplify our core values and inspire others to do the same, whilst driving mutually beneficial outcomes for our teams and Alcumus as a whole through our Products and Technology.
We are looking for an individual who above all shares our values, but also who can show:
- Experience administering an application hosting environment, preferably in AWS/Azure.
- Experience using call logging software.
- Extensive support, maintenance and project experience.
- Excellent customer skills.
- Monitoring and maintaining our IT Infrastructure in order to allow continued service to our customers.
- Specification, design and implementation of infrastructure for both internal systems and our client facing applications.
- Providing technical support to 600+ users, while maintaining a high degree of customer service.
- Supporting company hardware and software.
- Working closely with our external third-party service providers.
- Being pro-active in investigating and suggesting methods and actions to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Providing support during the opening hours of the Tech Support Team, 08:00 till 18:00 via shifts. There is an element of 'on call' within this role that works on a rotating shift pattern. Overtime and allowance is given for this.
- The consideration and application of information security principles within to day to day tasks.
What you’ll get in return:
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Who we are:
By this point, you’ll likely have decided if the role sounds up your street, but what about Alcumus as an employer?
Time to introduce ourselves…
We believe that everyone should be able to go home safely from work every night, so we’ve made it our mission to build risk management solutions that are far beyond simple box ticking exercises, instead embracing new and evolving technology that will support our clients to keep their workforce safe.
We’re a PE backed, high growth business that sets ambitious goals, moves at pace, and fails fast. We believe that if you look after your people, they look after everything else, so we place significant emphasis on providing stretch for personal development. Our growth will be your growth.
We value diversity and work hard to foster a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work, each and every day. Every one of our people is unique, and that’s what makes Alcumus stronger as a whole.
What we stand for:
Our values are the core of our business and fundamental to the way we work. In your role, you will;
- Be a team player – working collaboratively and being consciously inclusive with your colleagues
- Be brave – sharing your ideas, challenging the status quo, and taking responsibility for the part you play
- Know your stuff – continuously developing your skills and expertise, with the support from our many learning offerings
- Enjoy the journey – contributing to a positive working environment that enables you and everyone around you to be at their best
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 10 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams with a live coding review session
- An additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know
- Recruiter for this role: Kate McCarthy
- Contract type: Permanent
- Working hours per week: 37.5 including on call shift rota
- Recruiter: Kate McCarthy
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
- Job Function: Technology