We are looking for an Office Manager to join the Alcumus Software team, this is a brand-new role and it will form part of our Operations team reporting to the VP, Operations.
This is a broad role with lots of variety in responsibilities. You’ll be fully responsible for office management of the Stratford-Upon Avon location, facilities management of two locations (Stratford-Upon-Avon and Liverpool) and you’ll also be providing personal assistance to our Chief Operating Officer and members of our UK Senior Management Team.
You’ll ensure that the offices remain presentable, clean, secure, fit for purpose and compliant with relevant requirements. We also periodically hold large leadership meetings or engagement events in the Stratford-Upon-Avon location which require pre-planning and on-the-day coordination.
This role will be based primarily in our Stratford-Upon-Avon office, but there may be some required travel to the Liverpool office.
What that means day to day
What you’ll need to be successful
- Ongoing responsibility for ensuring office(s) is/are maintained to the highest standards, liaising closely with colleagues across the business and taking a proactive and forward-thinking approach to ensure continuous improvement
- Diary management - maintaining an accurate and detailed calendar for the Senior Management Team (SMT), namely the Chief Operating Office, logging incoming scheduling requests, rescheduling meetings upon request, proactively communicating changes, and responding to scheduling conflicts
- Travel and logistics - managing all travel arrangements and bookings for SMT members when required, completing and submitting expense reports promptly
- Communication - monitor inbox, flagging those where input or approval is required. Ensure internal and external communications and correspondence is sent out promptly
- High-level administrative support - to include minute taking during key business meetings and proofreading important documents before circulation
- Manage and coordinate desk and meeting room bookings. Coordination of rotas to ensure the office is open when required
- Build and maintain internal relationships with other offices, liaising with contacts on standard supplier contracts, statutory inspections, repairs and other issues where attention is required. This includes support in maintaining lease arrangements (with both landlords and tenants, where applicable) and supporting dilapidations matters
- Ownership of all aspects of the maintenance of the company premises, including repairs, statutory inspections and testing
- Ensure that the offices are Health, Safety, Environmental and Fire Regulations compliant and that appropriate logs and records are maintained, and take responsibility for H&S more broadly– identifying and dealing with any H&S issues on the premises and assisting with the investigation and reporting of near misses/accidents
- Ongoing supplier management (including utility suppliers). Review contractor/supplier contracts to ensure the best value is gained & contracts are run in a sustainable way
- Assist with specific projects and department moves/closures as required
- Assist with internal and external audits by taking a proactive approach to avoid non-conformances
- Depth of office management experience
- Experience in supporting Senior Management stakeholders
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Continuous improvement mindset/proactive approach to problem-solving
- Effective prioritisation skills with the ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Diplomatic and tactful persona
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality at all times
- Excellent attention to detail and commercially minded
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
What you’ll get in return
- Experience in running sustainability and cost saving related projects
- IOSH qualification
- Experience in supporting C-Level and/or other Senior Executives
- Diploma in Business Administration (or equivalent)
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Employment Type: permanent_full_time