The Product owner role holds responsibility for the successful delivery and commercialisation of a portion of a product or a shared capability within the Supply chain compliance product portfolio
What that means day to day
What you’ll need to be successful
- Product ownership of products within the Supply chain compliance area
- Creation and management of the product roadmap for the element of the product / capability, collaborating with the wider product teams (typically 0-6 months out)
- Manage the full product lifecycle from discovery to delivery
- Validate new ideas for existing products, assess suitability for inclusion in roadmap
- Manage the KPIs for the product (usage, analytics, downtime, hosting, bugs etc)
- Capture requirements and document user stories, manage the product backlog, define the product roadmap and work with development team to define and prioritise the product backlog
- Market intelligence – work with individual product managers & Marketing to develop deep understanding of competitors, market trends and technology trends, supported by regular visits to clients and prospects as well as strong collaboration with business stakeholders
- Sales enablement – work with Marketing to communicate the value proposition of products to the Sales team and develop sales tools that support the selling process of products
- Go to Market Strategy – work with Marketing to define and execute go to market strategy for new features
- Drive & own continuous improvement using key product analytics to prove out the theories validated at discovery stage and iterated during development, test and usability stages
- Previous product experience
- Experience of working in agile
- Highly developed influencing and relationship management skills
- Self-evaluation and measuring to ensure continued improvement
- Actively listen and ask questions to understand other people’s viewpoints, communicate issues promptly.
- Able to use data to directly persuade or address another person’s concerns.
- Have an ability to unearth customer insights and champion the voice of the client
- Ability to size market opportunities and create business cases for choosing products, features and markets to prioritize
- Good understanding of how to use qualitative and quantitative research to drive product and marketing strategy
What you’ll get in return
- Owned a solution end to end and drove commercial success
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present confidently and effectively (written and in person) to diverse audiences
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: VP, Product
- Employment Type: full_time