Job Title: Retention Manager
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Cardiff Office - Flex between home working and office working
What you’ll be focused on:
As our Retention Manager, you will be able to tangibly see the outputs of your efforts and contribute towards our targets for 20% year on year growth in our new and existing product lines.
You will work alongside another Retention Manager to lead our renewals team to success, to coach and mentor, and to deliver excellence across the SafeContractor product. As the Retention Manager, you will support your team to maintain our already incredible 90% customer retention rate, as well as support cross sell and upsell activities.
What that means day to day:
The Retention Manager role offers stretch and breath across people management, data analysis, sales coaching, and business strategy. Your day will consist of:
- Meetings with your team to talk about the plan of action for the day
- Create a high performing sales and renewal environment
- Support your team to be the best versions of themselves
- Analyse and use data to create best practices for the team
- Inspire and empower your team to understand and interpret the challenges our customer base may have faced in the marketplace and/or use of our services.
- Lead on the recruitment process for the team and ensure a comprehensive induction and training programme is in place for all new starters.
- Monitor the cash flow of renewals against target by week / month to establish if the business is on / off target and identify improvement initiatives to ensure targets are achieved.
- Ensure capture of all join and close reason codes to better understand customer motivations to purchase and maximise retention.
- Deliver improvement initiatives to drive incremental volume, value, and conversion rate improvements.
- Act as the customer escalation point where required for renewals customers.
What you’ll need to be successful:
The business is high growth and agile, so we are looking for someone who can operate at pace with strong communication, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Experience of renewals processes, with the ability to stand back and redesign them, always striving for continuous improvement.
- Proven track record of handling customers
- Team management skills e.g., conducting 121s, performance management, coaching
- Developed prioritisation and delivery skills
- Ability to consistently work to a high-quality standard.
- Strong capability to examine data and draw insightful conclusions
What you’ll get in return:
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a comprehensive opportunity to earn package, mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Who we are:
By this point, you’ll likely have decided if the role sounds up your street, but what about Alcumus as an employer?
Time to introduce ourselves…
We believe that everyone should be able to go home safely from work every night, so we’ve made it our mission to build risk management solutions that are far beyond simple box ticking exercises, instead embracing new and evolving technology that will support our clients to keep their workforce safe.
We’re a PE backed, high growth business that sets ambitious goals, moves at pace, and fails fast. We believe that if you look after your people, they look after everything else, so we place significant emphasis on providing stretch for personal development. Our growth will be your growth.
We value diversity and work hard to foster a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work, each and every day. Every one of our people is unique, and that’s what makes Alcumus stronger as a whole.
What we stand for:
Our values are the core of our business and fundamental to the way we work. In your role, you will;
- Be a team player – working collaboratively and being consciously inclusive with your colleagues
- Be brave – sharing your ideas, challenging the status quo, and taking responsibility for the part you play
- Know your stuff – continuously developing your skills and expertise, with the support from our many learning offerings
- Enjoy the journey – contributing to a positive working environment that enables you and everyone around you to be at their best
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 10 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- A final stage interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know
- Recruiter: #LIREMOTE #LI-BW1
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
- Job Function: Sales and retentions