Scrum Masters at Alcumus play a vital role in ensuring high quality dependable output from out engineering teams. This is a highly visible role which bridges the gap between product, strategic project management and engineering.
We are a global technology team based across Canada and the UK. We have a flexible workplace policy and you'll be able to work from anywhere in the UK, however this role will require regular travel to our Cardiff office.
What that means day to day
As Scrum Master you will work across a number of squads within Alcumus to provide guidance, remove blockages and keep focus firmly fixed on delivering the sprint goals.
· Primary interface to the management team
· Responsible for enacting Scrum values and practices
· Removes impediments
· Ensure that the team is fully functional and productive
· Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions
· Shields the team from unnecessary external interferences
· Works with other Scrum teams to actively manage dependencies
· Creates and send out meaningful release notes
· Organises and ensures attendance at Scrum ceremonies
· Create and deliver the sprint metrics for your squads
· Implements Agile process improvements defined by and in conjunction with the Agile Coach.
You will from time to time be required to undertake other duties of a similar nature as reasonably required by your line manager commensurate with the nature and level of the role.
What you’ll need to be successful
With a proven track record of having worked as a Scrum Master, you'll have solid knowledge of Agile methodologies, values, principles and practice and will have excellent training, mentoring and coaching skills.
You'll also have:
What you’ll get in return
- Highly effective relationship management skills, with the ability to find ways of resolving blockers and impediments.
- A clear understanding of metrics and hwo they can be used to drive performance.
- An abilty to increase the transparency of teams and share their successes and practices.
- A clear technical understanding of modern systems.
- Previous use of JIRA and Confluence.
- Certified Scrum Master qualification or higher.
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: VP Engineering
- Employment Type: full_time