The Solutions Consultant is a vital member of the sales team, working closely with new business and customer success to deliver the technical, subject matter expertise, to help close deals.
What that means day to day
- Lead discovery sessions, asking the questions necessary to be able to demonstrate and position ePermits software in a way which the prospect will relate to and buy into
- Plan, prepare and deliver tailored demonstrations that are clear and easy to follow for the prospect, in a targeted and tailored manner
- Take responsibility for the functional and technical sections of RFPs and tenders and identify the solution/components needed based on requirements
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders on opportunities, with full responsibility for the ‘technical close’
- Follow a handover process once contracts have been completed, ensuring a smooth delivery process
- Develop a deep understanding of the ePermits software, from a function and technical perspective and stay current on wider Alcumus software solutions and roadmaps
- Maintain market awareness on current and future trends, product, technology and competitor landscape
- Provides regular coaching to the sales team in order to enhance their product knowledge
- UK focused with the ability to support in other regions as required
What you’ll need to be successful
What you’ll get in return
- Experience within one or more of the following sectors: Electronic Permit to Work or EHSQ
- Proven track record in a pre-sales solutions consulting role
- Experience in SaaS
- Ability to absorb information quickly and a desire to learn
- Strong client-facing skills, meeting & presenting to clients
- Strong commercial skills including a solid understanding of the sales process
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
· A response to your application within 15 working days
· An interview process consisting of:
o An initial discovery call with the recruiter
o A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
o Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Tags: #LI-KP1
- Employment Type: full_time