Are you a Technical Architect with experience of designing technical solutions to meet business requirements? Do you have experience in designing and implementing cloud, service, and event-based architectures? Are you someone who thrives acting as a mentor within the technical space?
We are currently going through a digital transformation, offering an exciting opportunity to contribute to the modernisation of our software and back-office technology.
We're looking for a Technical Architect who will work as part of our Architecture team with primary responsibility for designing technical solutions as part of an agile squad.
Translating business requirements into technical designs that meet defined architectures and principals will be your top priority.
What that means day to day
What you’ll need to be successful
- You will work with Solution Architects to create optimal designs through an iterative process, aligning the user need with the system requirements and organisational objectives.
- Working closely with engineering teams designing technical solutions and ensuring their delivery according to defined architectures and principals.
- Translating technical concepts between software engineering, product, and operations so they are understood by all.
- Accounting for the wider implications of a design by knowing relevant historical context and future impact as a domain technical expert.
- Understanding and contributing to technical governance.
- Championing our collaborative environment, you will work closely with Software Engineers and Product and Operations Teams, implementing robust and scalable applications.
- You understand enterprise architectures, infrastructure and software engineering principles and have a solid understanding of cloud architecture and technologies.
- You are able to translate business requirements into technical designs following defined architectures and principals.
- You have extensive experience of working as a Software Developer with expertise in technologies including Java, JS/TS, .Net, Node, React, Ruby.
- You can clearly and concisely document architectural designs and decisions with the use of standard diagram formats.You have the experience and ability to make and guide effective decisions, bringing the team with you and helping them converge on the right approach, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached.
You may also have:
What you’ll get in return
- AWS or professional certification. Or are working towards one.
- Skills or experience in DevOps, such as CI/CD or Infrastructure as Code.
- The ability to converse in French.
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology.
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: Sr. Architect
- Employment Type: full_time