Are you a Technical Architect with experience of breaking up monolithic applications and designing or planning migrations to cloud based architecture? Are you someone who thrives acting as a mentor within the technical space?
We're looking for a Technical Architect who will work as part of our wider InfoExchange team and will work across our whole set of development squads with primary responsibility for designing and planning high level solutions to complex problems.
Developing and supporting the business in delivering scalable, timely and effective IT solutions will be your top priority.
We are a global team based across the UK and North America. Our UK head offices are based in Cardiff, Stratford and Manchester. However, we have a flexible workplace policy and you'll be able to work remotely from anywhere in the UK.
What that means day to day
What you’ll need to be successful
- You'll be the guardian of Alcumus’ systems architecture and will have an in depth knowledge of it
- Translating technical concepts between software engineering, delivery management and operations so they are understood by all
- Working closely with engineering teams designing platforms and products ensuring their delivery in according to architectural best practices
- Working with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs
- Creating an optimal design through an iterative process, aligning the user need with the system requirements and organisational objectives
- Looking beyond the immediate technical problem and identify the wider implications by knowing relevant historical context and future impact
- Understanding how current work fits in broader contexts and strategies, and looking for deeper underlying problems and opportunities
- Understanding technical governance and participate in, or deliver the assurance of a service
- Championing our collaborative environment, you will work closely with Software Engineers and Operations Team, implementing robust and scalable applications
You'll have the ability to understand and resolve technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk and will be capable of making and guiding effective decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached.
You'll also have an advanced understanding of infrastructure, enterprise architectures and software engineering principles and a solid understanding of cloud architecture and technologies.
You may also have:
- Extensive experience of working as a Software Developer
- Experience of migrations between cloud providers or from premise to cloud native
- Understanding of and experience working with Azure Cloud Services specifically
- Comprehensive understanding of C#, .NET suite especially .NET Core 6, .NET Standard 2
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology
What you’ll get in return
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
· A response to your application within 15 working days
· An interview process consisting of:
o An initial discovery call with the recruiter
o A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
o Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: Senior Development Manager
- Employment Type: permanent