The Technical Officer is responsible for ensuring the effective and compliant administration of all technical aspects of the certification process, in adherence with business and UKAS requirements. While primarily focused on UK Operations, the role may also require occasional technical support to the international team.
What that means day to day
- Completing and approving application reviews & recent planning reviews
- Conducting technical reviews of Stage 1, Stage 2, Recertification & ETS audit reports for certificate decision
- Assisting in the preparation of audit plans, such as for Stage 1, ETS, and transfers
- Reviewing and approving transfer documentation
- Responding to technical & certification queries from auditors, back office, clients & consultants
- Assisting the planning & scheduling teams in allocating auditors to specific jobs
- Monitoring surveillance reports, as required
- Supporting the Technical Sales & Customer Success teams in calculating audit duration, including attending client meetings in a support capacity
- Review & approval of miscellaneous queries requiring audit duration review &/or certificate decision
- Undertaking any other duties as directed by the Technical Team Manager
What you’ll need to be successful
- Good knowledge of the certification industry with working experience in relevant areas (2+ years)
- Good knowledge of ISO 17021/17065 requirements
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Qualification
- Good knowledge of a range of standards including quality, environmental and health and safety management system standards as a minimum
- Ability to communicate effectively and build positive working relationships with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders. Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from different teams and departments to achieve shared objectives. Must be able to manage competing priorities and collaborate to find solutions.
- Strong IT skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, Dynamics, and Microsoft Outlook)
What you’ll get in return
- ISO 14001, 45001 and 27001 Lead Auditor Qualifications
- Knowledge of information security and energy management system standards
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first-stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: Megan Chew
- Employment Type: full_time