The Technical Team Manager role holds responsibility for the coaching and supporting the Audit and TSO teams to ensure the highest levels of productivity and quality are maintained. Acting as a technical expert and working closely with the Operations Director to identify training / coaching needs and provide the necessary support; this role will also be required to maintain a working knowledge of the audit process.
What that means day to day
What you’ll need to be successful
- Participate in recruitment activities to ensure the right calibre of candidates are selected.
- Deliver appropriate elements of induction and training to new starters.
- Provide regular, honest and constructive feedback to the individual through 121s ensuring absolute clarity on the performance levels.
- Monitor individuals’ performance throughout the month and have coaching conversations about how to improve performance figures where necessary.
- Work with Operations Director and HR to implement PIP or other formal interventions where necessary.
- Identify individuals further training needs and liaise with the Operations Director and Head of Technical and Quality to design a training plan where required Monitor team absence and conduct absence improvement plans with individuals as and when necessary
- Provide performance data to individuals and Senior Managers as and when required.
- Ensure a working knowledge of the audit process is maintained
What you’ll get in return
- Proven technical/auditing background
- Track record of working to target/deadlines
- Experience of dealing with difficult customers
- Experience of being constructively challenging
- Ability to conduct problem solving exercises
- Excellent communication skills
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent)
- Tech IOSH Membership
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: Craig Lloyd
- Employment Type: contract_temp