Digitally manage your COSHH management
Global leading technology and chemical expertise
Our COSHH management software helps you to manage the hazardous chemicals and substances used in your workplace, anywhere, any time and using any device.
Digitising your approach will enable you to build a risk profile for your business and manage your ongoing processes and regulatory compliance.
In addition to our technology, clients have access to our helpdesk of in-house chemical specialists who act as an extension to your health and safety team, helping you navigate through your unique workplace challenges.
COSHH Management Software
Why choose Alcumus Sypol's COSHH management software?
Our COSHH management software is used by more than 875 clients across 25 diverse industries. This intuitive and user-friendly system will help increase productivity in your business by removing the time, resource and financial burden of managing your COSHH strategy.
Additionally, using Sypol CMS will help you to demonstrate a more robust approach to compliance through its intuitive reporting functionality. These are just some of the reasons why 92% of Sypol clients tell us that they are now confident in their organisation’s COSHH compliance since implementing Sypol CMS.
Sypol's COSHH Management Software
Why choose Alcumus Sypol's COSHH Management Software?
Keeping up with the latest changes to legislation and the volume of substances used within your business can often prove to be a time-consuming task. Writing COSHH assessments in-house can take 30-40 minutes per assessment, creating a considerable workload even if you have a relatively small volume of hazardous substances.
Sypol CMS can reduce this burden, enabling you to create the assessment you need within a few minutes. This helps to drive staff engagement to ensure that organisations gain the maximum value for their investment.
- Over 750,000 assessments readily available via a few clicks of a button.
- Around 10,000 assessments added each month.
- Emergency assessments available within 1-2 hours.
- MI and reporting available at the click of a button.
In today’s highly competitive landscape, all businesses want to reduce costs whilst operating compliantly. However, keeping your staff safe and healthy is of paramount importance if a good level of productivity is to be achieved.
Our COSHH management system mitigates the need for your business to hire an in-house or external COSHH expert who is responsible for managing your portfolio of hazardous substances. It also helps you to keep staff healthy, reduce lost working days and maintain productivity within your workforce. Having a fully compliant, robust COSHH management strategy in place also reduces the risk of a COSHH related incident occurring, which can result in financial penalties, prosecution and damage to business reputation.
- Save the expense of hiring an in-house or external hazardous substance expert.
- Mitigate the financial impact of lost working days and reduced productivity.
- Decrease the risk of financial penalties.
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) has focused its attention on the reduction of work-related ill health in recent years and this has dovetailed with a significant increase in fines and prosecutions. This means that being confident that you are operating compliantly has never been more important.
Sypol CMS conforms to the most stringent standards which means that you can be confident that you will be employing best practice to manage hazardous substances across your organisations. It also provides you with the ability to react quickly to changes within your business through real time notifications and alerts, ensuring a safe operation is maintained and your business continues to run smoothly.
- Our system complies with global legislation including REACH, COSHH, CLP and more.
- System and browser notifications will alert you in the event of completed assessments, pending assessments, internal requests and assessment authorisation requests to ensure actions are not missed.
- Receive notifications of completed or pending assessments and assessment authorisation requests.
Not only do you have a legal obligation to manage your hazardous substances effectively, but you also have a moral responsibility to keep your people safe.
It is important that you minimise or completely remove the risks that your employees are faced with at work. If the risk cannot be removed, you must provide them with the means to adequately protect themselves and their colleagues from harmful exposure.
Sypol CMS provides you with the knowledge and expertise you need to minimise these risks and keep your staff safe, minimising lost working days and a reduction in productivity.
- Safer substitute suggestions to ensure the minimum risk is posed to your people.
- Assessments provide all the necessary control measures to keep employees safe from harmful exposure.
It can be difficult to fully understand your COSHH legislation requirements, especially when most organisations do not have a dedicated resource to keep on top of frequent regulatory updates issued by the HSE.
Our clients have direct access to Alcumus Sypol’s in-house technical team of COSHH experts with decades of experience between them. They understand technical legislation, how this impacts organisations and the practical steps they need to take to ensure that COSHH is being managed effectively on site.
- Access to a helpdesk team of qualified specialists.
- Support via phone and email up to 7 days-a-week if required.
- Outsource the writing of COSHH assessments to our team.
In an increasingly digital world, the reliance on technology to provide key business information and data at the click of a button is imperative. This is particularly important when you have to manage the use of hazardous substances across multiple work areas in your organisation.
Alcumus Sypol’s COSHH Management Software (CMS) allows organisations to access COSHH information quickly and easily anywhere, at any time, using any device. Having flexible access to CMS allows you and your team to retrieve vital COSHH information whenever it’s needed, making your business more efficient and agile.
- Responsive design for use on multiple screen sizes, including tablets and mobiles.
- Access assessments from the office, on site or on the factory floor.
- 24/7/365 system access for all users.
Implementing software to effectively manage COSHH is just one part of your health and safety journey; ensuring that the software is easy to use and fit for purpose during a busy working day is the important next step. Alcumus Sypol’s COSHH Management Software (CMS) has been developed so that users can find exactly what they need, when they need it. This helps to drive staff engagement to ensure that organisations gain the maximum value from their investment.
- Simple navigation and menu design.
- Comprehensive search functionality that sources information from multiple fields.
- Intelligent search algorithm that considers misspellings and alterations in regional spellings (e.g. UK vs. US English).
- Pop-up help in Controls, Hazards and Considerations sections of every assessment.
- Easy-to-access help resources, videos and guides.
COSHH MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Aligning our software solution to the COSHH cycle
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) assess the suitability of an organisation’s COSHH processes by following the ‘COSHH cycle’.
This is the basis from which all companies are expected to demonstrate their compliance with legislation. Alcumus Sypol’s COSHH solutions are built to satisfy all elements of the cycle and ensures that organisations are fully compliant with all relevant regulatory requirements.
Our customers say it best
We have thousands of delighted clients in organisations of all sizes in all sectors. Learn about their experiences with Alcumus.
Challenged with protecting both employee and public safety, digitizing and customizing data in one location was required to save time. Data is now centralized in a mobile digital system, helping to streamline processes…
South Country Co-op
"With the majority of its internal processes paper-based, Prince’s Trust had to manage work duplication and data visibility challenges. Alcumus has provided joined up data insights, helping to identify and manage risk..."
"Access to data and annual compliance checks was expensive and time consuming. Alcumus has helped Royal Mail manage their real estate portfolio compliantly and easily identify hazards and prepare risk assessments..."