ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT (EMS) CERTIFICATION
Improve your environmental performance with UKAS accredited ISO 14001 certification
Call Sales on:
0161 865 3699
Call Customer Service on:
0161 865 3699
WHAT IS ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is the internationally recognised standard for the environmental management of businesses, prescribing controls for those activities that have an effect on the environment.
It sets out requirements for an environmental management system, enabling organisations to put in place an environmental policy and objectives that take into account relevant legal and other requirements.
While it does not specify environmental performance criteria, it does encompass the environmental issues that the organisation can control or influence.
WHY SEEK ISO 14001 CERTIFICATION?
Certification to ISO 14001 demonstrates that your organisation is committed to environmental issues and is proactively working to minimise its impact on the environment, for example by producing less waste, in the way it treats and handles waste, in increasing energy efficiency and in its use of natural resources.
It also brings commercial advantages by enhancing the organisation’s public image. With many public and private sectors making ISO 14001 a requirement for those it works with, the standard will sharpen an organisation’s competitive edge when seeking public and private sector tenders or applying for inclusion in the supply chain.
Continual improvement is built into all management systems standards, therefore ISO 14001 drives environmental improvements on an ongoing basis, leading to further cost savings and operational efficiency.
BENEFITS OF ISO 14001 CERTIFICATION
- Cost savings through improving efficiency, productivity and reducing waste. It assists legislative compliance which reduces risk and can reduce insurance costs.
- Control reputational risk by demonstrating that you are committed to protecting the environment and have the appropriate control measures in place.
- Enables management of environmental performance by identifying and controlling environmental impact. This can be measured on an ongoing basis for further improvements.
WHY CHOOSE ALCUMUS ISOQAR FOR YOUR CERTIFICATION?
- UKAS accredited services demonstrating our competence and impartiality
- Our Expert Auditors’ industry experience is matched to your organisation’s activity, enabling you to get the most out of your assessment
- Our audit fees are among the lowest in our sector
- We provide audits and answer queries quickly and efficiently
- We offer a consistent and professional service resulting in a practical and meaningful audit experience
- We have an enviable record for customer satisfaction
- Besides having UK based auditors, we can also deliver certification audits internationally
TAKING NEXT STEPS
If you’re new to certification, don’t worry – our business development team are on hand to take your calls to explain the steps to certification – we have also produced a ‘Route to Certification’ page outlining the process.
Many organisations choose to work with an external consultancy to help implement ISO 14001 and carry out an internal audit, ahead of applying for certification. As a UKAS accredited certification body and in order to maintain impartiality when performing third party audits, we are unable to endorse a particular consultant. However, you can search for a consultant based in your region through our IAN Database by clicking here
HOW TO IMPLEMENT ISO 14001
GET OUR FREE GUIDE TO ISO 14001
Our free guide looks at all the clauses and main sub-clauses of ISO 14001 and describes them in plain English.
You’ll also find practical advice on measures you might want to consider implementing in your organisation.
If you would like to withdraw your consent later, or change the way we communicate with you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org