Job Title: Business Development Executive
Salary: Up to £24,000 (dependent on experience) & uncapped commission (£36,000 OTE)
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom
Hours: Monday - Friday 9-5
Reporting to the New Business Sales Manager, the Business Development Executive role holds responsibility for driving new business sales opportunities and building long lasting relationships with our clients. This role is a telephone based, consultative sales role which involved both outbound and inbound enquiries. This role will support our clients by providing them with a solution to their HR and Health and Safety challenges.
Alcumus are the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally for 2020 and beyond.
Our PSM (People and Safety Management) product line has over 28 years of experience in providing people and safety management, with an enviable client base and impressive client retention scores.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who is driven to go above and beyond for our customers. You will be proactive by nature and committed to delivering a first-class customer experience, therefore strong communication skills (verbal and written) are key to success in this position. With at least two years of outbound sales experience, you will be able to demonstrate success with achieving/exceeding targets in a results-driven environment. You will be consultative and be able to tailor your sales approach to each client you are working with.
The Bits Our People Love:
- We have a genuine focus on health & wellbeing – With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
- We invest in the development of our people - we have a progressive, customer focussed Learning & Development team working to support both your personal and professional development; helping you to shape your career pathway in a way that works for you (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
- We care about charitable work and CSR in our communities – We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular recognition – Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
- We work with some fantastic people – We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of your loyalty, this will increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. Your dependents under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further!
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first. We offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments!
- Free fruit – we care about your health & wellbeing so grab a banana, apple or orange on us regardless of if you’re in the office or out in the field
- Free parking on-site – no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
Due to Covid-19 our normal recruitment process has been adapted to ensure the safety of our employee’s and candidates. To ensure the quality and experience of the process is kept at a high standard, you will be thoroughly prepared prior to your interview. It would be helpful if you have access to a webcam and laptop/computer so that your interview can take place online. Any presentations and assessments may also be completed virtually.
Recruiter: Bethany Willcox (#LI-BW1)
Employment Type: Full-time
Seniority Level: Mid-level
Job Function: Business Development
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.