: Sales Manager
: Cardiff, United Kingdom with flexibility to work from home for the majority of the time if preferable
The Safecontractor sales team is expanding quickly and as a result, the Sales Manager role is a newly created position that will work closely with the VP Sales and be accountable for achieving the sales revenue and volume KPIs for the team in line with budget and stretch targets.
Leading and coaching a team of phone-based new business sales executives, this role holds responsibility for developing and managing the sales process from point of lead to sale conversion, ensuring all campaigns are worked on time and conversion rates are maximised as well as leading on all people related activities such as recruitment, training, setting expectations, managing performance and providing regular reviews.
Alcmums are the UK's market-leading provider of technology-led risk managment soloutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will be a confident, people focused Sales Manager with prior experience of leading a high performing phone-based sales team and an excellent understanding of new business sales processes.
You will be comfortable examining and manipulating data to draw insightful conclusions, have the confidence to influence/challenge senior level stakeholders and a creative approach to incentivising and motivating a team to drive results.
Alcumus is an ambitious, high growth business therefore the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment is essential.
The Bits Our People Love
- we have a genuine focus on health & wellbeing - with mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage you to bring your best self to work
- We invest in the development of our people - we have a progressive, customer focussed Learning & Development team working to support both your personal and professional development; helping you to shape your career pathway in a way that works for you (28% of our roles in 2020 were filled by internal promotions!)
- We care about charitable work and CSR in our communities – we have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular recognition – whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you
- We work with some fantastic people – we’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) - increasing with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
- Work your way- we have a flexible working options available to allow you to be at your best
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. This covers dependents under 18 in full time education too
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first; we offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments
We will endeavour to provide feedback on your application within 2 weeks of submitting your CV.
The typical recruitment process for shortlisted candidates will be an initial conversation with the recruitment team followed by two/three stages of interviews.
These may take place via telephone, Microsoft Teams or face to face.
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.