: Lead Auditor (EN 1090)
: £35,000 - £45,000 (based on experience) + Company Car/ Car Allowance
: Regional (South), United Kingdom, Field Based (Midlands), United Kingdom
Reporting to Regional Operations, the Lead Auditor is responsible for the Lead Auditor role holds responsibility for undertaking certification audits for a wide range of clients located throughout the UK and, if required, overseas.
This role will support us Alcumus specifically around the EN 1090 standard.
Alcumus are the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally for 2020 and beyond.
product line offers UKAS certification to ISO standards and British standards. With a 95% client retention rate and 25 years of experience, our global profile enables our clients to minimise risk, deliver change, drive improvement and win more business.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for candidates who have previous experience of working for a UKAS Accredited Certification Body
, who has carried out external audits. You should have experience of auditing against core standards ISO9001, 14001, 45001
and additional experience EN1090
. As this role will involve regional and national travel, you should be comfortable with overnight stays and have a full driving licence. As you will be working with several industries, you should be a confident communicator both verbally and written and have positive influencing skills. As we pride ourselves on our integrity and technical expertise, thorough and concise report writing
experience is essential to this role.
You should have experience of working as an Engineer / Fabricator Welder / Inspector and/or knowledge and experience of the Structural Steel. The right candidate will have a willingness to be trained to the Lead Auditor Qualification for core standards 9001, 14001, 45001 and upskilling to NHSS 20 and BS EN 3834.
The Bits Our People Love
- We have a genuine focus on Health & Wellbeing – With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives (including our 2020 ‘Two Million Steps Challenge’), we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
- We invest in the Development of our people – We have an amazing in-house Learning and Development team who provide a blended learning approach at all levels of your career with Alcumus to get you ready for your next step (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
- We care about Charitable work and CSR in our communities – We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We have committed to planting a tree for every employee (new and existing) in 2020 and will even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular Recognition – Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
- We work with some fantastic People – We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of your loyalty, this will increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. Your dependents under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further!
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first. We offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments!
- Free fruit – we care about your health & wellbeing so grab a banana, apple or orange on us regardless of if you’re in the office or out in the field
- Free parking on-site – no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
The typical recruitment process for this position is a phone call with the recruiter, a face to face interview and a written assessment.
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.