: Regional Operations Manager – North East
: Regional (North East), United Kingdom
Reporting to the Field Operations Director, the Regional Operations Manager opportunity holds responsibility for the strategic and day to day delivery of a world class customer focused, high performing cost-effective service through a large team of field-based auditors. The role must ensure that all business and UKAS requirements KPI’s and SLA’s are adhered to whilst balancing the cost of service with customer requirements and exceptional product quality against agreed timescales. The role also holds responsibility to increase revenue through upselling and cross selling Alcumus products and services and ensuring fee earning work is always maximised.
Alcumus are the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally for 2021 and beyond.
product line offers UKAS certification to ISO standards and British standards. With a 95% client retention rate and 25 years of experience, our global profile enables our clients to minimise risk, deliver change, drive improvement and win more business.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, you must be able demonstrate your ability to effectively manage a large field-based team, often on a remote basis. Experience in working in an auditing environment would be a bonus although not mandatory. You must have excellent attention to detail, experience in large scale culture change programmes and be a team player. In addition, you should have excellent communication, project management, report writing skills and be experienced with dealing with Clients on the telephone in writing and face to face. You must have proven people management and leadership skills with an ability to pass on knowledge and provide mentoring and development where required.
The Bits Our People Love
- We have a genuine focus on health & wellbeing – With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
- We invest in the development of our people - we have a progressive, customer focussed Learning & Development team working to support both your personal and professional development; helping you to shape your career pathway in a way that works for you (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
- We care about charitable work and CSR in our communities – We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular recognition – Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
- We work with some fantastic people – We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of your loyalty, this will increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. Your dependents under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further!
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first. We offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments!
- Free parking on-site – no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
Due to Covid-19 the recruitment process for this role will be done on a virtual basis.
When applying for this role, please ensure that you fill in the cover letter section of the application form, referring to your experience the following:
- 5-year minimum people management & development skills
- Leadership qualities
- Experience in change management
- Exceptional customer service delivery
- Qualities you feel you will bring to this role
- Examples of developing a high functioning team
- Examples of P&L management
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.