: Customer Care Manager
: Cardiff, United Kingdom
The Customer Care Manager role holds responsibility for managing, coaching and development of the inbound/outbound Customer Care Team and associated processes. Providing a best in class support to SafeContractor customers, ensuring a value-add service is provided enabling us to find the best solutions to meet our customer’s needs.
- Ensure all aspects of team management are completed, setting expectations, developing skill sets via training and coaching, managing performance and providing regular reviews
- Achieve the KPI’s for the team
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that we continually improve customer engagement and satisfaction to help drive customer retention.
- Develop and lead in the team processes, always striving for continuous improvement and simplification
- Develop and deliver improvement initiatives to drive increased customer satisfaction and increase engagement in accreditation process
- Conduct a call monitoring process that strives for best practice and is used to identify gaps in individual performance
- Development and continual review of customer interaction to ensure customer service best practice is used and ensuring we are providing appropriate solutions to meet the customers’ needs
- Ensure a value-add service is provided by the customer care team to all subscription members including process/insurance reminders and outbound calling to drive membership benefit utilisation
- Act as a customer escalation point for customer queries and customer complaints
- Assist with the recruitment process for team and lead a comprehensive induction and training programme for all new starters
Alcumus are the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable team management skills e.g., conducting 121s, performance management and coaching, as well as experience of recruiting and motivating a high performing team. The ideal candidate will have a continuous improvement mindset with the ability to bring the best behaviours out of their team. The candidate will have high influencing skills with the ability to work closely with several internal stakeholders on the day to day, as well as on projects. Good communication skills and the ability to remain focussed on a task is essential. Ideally, the candidate will have a working knowledge of how a successful customer service function works.
The Bits Our People Love
- We have a genuine focus on health & wellbeing – with mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage you to bring your best self to work
- We invest in the development of our people - we have a progressive, customer focussed Learning & Development team working to support both your personal and professional development; helping you to shape your career pathway in a way that works for you (28% of our roles in 2020 were filled by internal promotions!)
- We care about charitable work and CSR in our communities – we have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular recognition – whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you
- We work with some fantastic people – we’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – increasing with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
- Work your way- we have a flexible working options available to allow you to be at your best
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. This covers dependents under 18 in full time education too
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first; we offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments
We will endeavour to provide feedback on your application within 2 weeks of submitting your CV.
The typical recruitment process for shortlisted candidates will be an initial conversation with the recruitment team followed by two/three stages of interviews.
These may take place via telephone, Microsoft Teams or face to face.
Bethany Willcox #LI-BW1
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.