Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom
Currently set up to work from home
As part of our continued growth we have an opportunity for a customer focussed, organised Infrastructure Engineer.
Our collaborative Infrastructure team provide technical support to our 600+ users, maintaining and ensuring resilience/availability of our infrastructure, environments, applications and services.
Using your advanced knowledge of systems & network technologies, you’ll act as an escalation point, providing technical support to our users, maintaining a high degree of customer service, all within agreed SLAs & KPIs.
Working with our wider Technology Team & our external 3rd party service providers, we’ll also look for you to suggest ways we can help build and maintain infrastructure equipment in a AWS/Azure cloud environment.
We have a wealth of projects including new phone system swap out and improving our CI & CD process
We are committed to our teams development & welcome applications from Engineers looking to learn new tech and Microsoft Stack.
Alcumus are the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally for 2020 and beyond.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for an individual who above all shares our values, but also who can show:
- Experience administering an application hosting environment, preferably in AWS/Azure.
- Experience using call logging software
- Extensive support, maintenance and project experience
- Excellent customer skills
- Monitoring and maintaining our IT Infrastructure in order to allow continued service to our customers.
- Specification, design and implementation of infrastructure for both internal systems and our client facing applications.
- Providing technical support to 500+ users, while maintaining a high degree of customer service
- Supporting company hardware and software.
- Working closely with our external third-party service providers.
- Being pro-active in investigating and suggesting methods and actions to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Providing support during the opening hours of the Tech Support Team, 08:00 till 18:00 via shifts.
- The consideration and application of information security principles within to day to day tasks
The Bits Our People Love:
- We have a genuine focus on health & wellbeing – With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
- We invest in the development of our people - we have a progressive, customer focussed Learning & Development team working to support both your personal and professional development; helping you to shape your career pathway in a way that works for you (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
- We care about charitable work and CSR in our communities – We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular recognition – Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
- We work with some fantastic people – We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of your loyalty, this will increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. Your dependents under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further!
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first. We offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments!
- Free fruit – we care about your health & wellbeing so grab a banana, apple or orange on us regardless of if you’re in the office or out in the field
- Free parking on-site – no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
Due to Covid-19 our normal recruitment process has been adapted to ensure the safety of our employee’s and candidates. To ensure the quality and experience of the process is kept at a high standard, you will be thoroughly prepared prior to your interview. Please ensure that you have access to a webcam and laptop/computer so that your interview can take place virtually. Any presentations and assessments will also be completed virtually.
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.