You may not have the financial resources to be able to appoint a full-time HR professional but by utilising the services of HR consultancy, you have the confidence of knowing that any people issues you face can be dealt with in a practical and legally compliant manner.
HR advice is only a phone call or e-mail away and comes without the costs associated with employing an in-house HR Manager. You therefore:
- save money and reduce your operating expenses
- can better control risk in the business and improve compliance
- increase and improve your own HR knowledge at the same time. Another benefit is having access to a collective pool of expertise from a team of qualified HR professionals at your fingertips.
Alcumus PSM HR Consultancy are also able to provide a digital platform solution, that acts as a database or advice recording system which will give you access to a library of template letters, contracts, employee handbooks or factsheets. You will also be able to store all your HR documents and advice notes, as well as important employee information that is crucial to running your business.
It may be that you already employ someone in your business with some responsibility for HR, or more usually payroll. Giving that individual access to HR consultancy will enable them to concentrate on their main responsibilities and develop the confidence to be able to deal with challenging people issues when they arise. This also applies to the Company as a whole allowing you to focus on your core business.
Most managers have teams and being a manager means that you will have to manage those teams and individual behaviours. Managers benefit from being able to access HR consultancy as they can offer impartial and objective advice based on the needs of that business and they can be confident in how to navigate any challenging employee situations.
By using the services of Alcumus PSM for your HR needs, you are also able to tap into the other services which Alcumus can provide for your business in relation to compliance and governance.
How to tell if your business would benefit from outsourcing and when is the right time to outsource?
A small business may be expanding and finding it more difficult to manage and control situations in a relaxed or informal way, as they may have done in the past.
Just like society in general, a business needs rules and structure for people to know what they should be doing, how to go about it and what the consequences are if they fail to do what they are supposed to be doing. Establishing company rules which are fair and reasonable are the building blocks to growing a successful business where staff trust that any breaches will be dealt with equitably and consistently. Managers also have the authority to enforce any rules and behaviours as required. HR consultancy can work with you to create an employee handbook, contracts of employment and policies and procedures bespoke to your business.
There are indicators which highlight when it could be appropriate to consider working with HR Consultancy. Consider these questions:
- What is your labour turnover rate?
- Why are your staff leaving?
- Is it due to lack of support?
- Do they feel underappreciated?
- Is there a lack of progression?
- Have there been breaches in health and safety?
- Are there performance or conduct issues?
- Has there been intimidation or bullying taking place?
- Is there a high level of absence in the business?
- Have you had to deal with an employment tribunal claim?
All of these issues could point to a lack of control and risks escalating in your business.
How can Alcumus help with a company’s outsourcing needs
At Alcumus our PSM team offer both health and safety and HR consultancy, either on their own or combined. Our experienced consultants understand the minefield of evolving legislation and the potential impact of non-compliance on a business. Our HR consultants are Members of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and/or qualified solicitors. The majority have held senior HR positions in various sectors including manufacturing, finance, retail and the service sector.
We know every business is different so we will work with you to tailor our solution accordingly. However, in each case it will be underpinned by a tried and tested framework and on-going advisory support that we know works.
Our HR services for small and medium businesses allow you to get on with growing your business while we keep you compliant and up to date with HR best practice and legislation. Services provided include:
- Fully managed HR support – straightforward consultancy and advice, along with flexible solutions.
- Telephone helpline – 24/7 support and general advice in an emergency.
- Experienced HR consultants – highly qualified and suitably skilled and experienced to offer practical advice guidance and support.
- Guidance tools – policies, procedures and template documents.
- Online management tool – manage and track the progress of all of your HR activity with our cloud-based platform Guard. View records and access your HR documentation.
- Legal updates – we keep you up to date with new legislation and statutory changes as and when they happen and ensure these are incorporated into your employee handbook and contracts as required.
- Continuous improvement – including regular check-ups to make sure all is well and you are on track
- Training – bespoke courses on specific people management topics can be arranged at an additional charge.
- A competitively priced tribunal service and liaison with ACAS, if needed.