In 2019, Alcumus removed single use plastic in our canteen facilities, took part in 'keep Britain tidy' with litter-picking walks, supported the Armed Forces Covenant, ran fundraising events and donated to numerous good causes.
In 2020, we want to do more.
In addition to all the great initiatives we are already proud of here at Alcumus, we’ve also committed to giving every employee an extra day holiday (giving day) to give back to causes they’re passionate about.
2019: A Year in Numbers
Money raised by charity
- Mind - £270
- Samaritans - £378
- BBC Children in Need - £471
- Hope Rescue - £650
- Ty Hafan - £90
- National Autistic Society - £155
- Red Nose Day - £185
- Macmillan Cancer Support - £266
- Wear it Pink - £330
- Save the Children - £215
- Royal British Legion - £30
We also donated
- Over 150 pairs of socks for the homeless
- 70 pairs of children's PJs for Women's Aid
- 54 children's gifts for RCT Young Carers and RCT Santa Appeal
- 20 large sacks of bedding, toys and treats for the dogs at Hope Rescue
- 12 huge sacks of winter warmers for the homeless
- 4 Christmas shoe boxes via the Samaritans Purse appeal
- 5 large boxes of non-perishable food and drink for various food banks