The QA Automation Analyst role holds responsibility for utilising an appropriate testing methodology, analysing testing requirements as the basis for developing testing scripts/scenarios for a test level to be executed on a project and working in conjunction with the application development effort, as per specifications, on time and within budget within an Agile environment.
What that means day to day
What you’ll need to be successful
- Technical expertise in ensuring the delivery of intuitive, high quality and error free code in relevant language/platform.
- Reviewing requirements and design documents to determine testing effort required.
- Understanding of all testing phases for software delivery life cycle
- Production of overall test strategies and test plans.
- Managing the integration testing of releases, reporting progress using appropriate test metrics.
- Design testing scenarios and test cases that will demonstrate conformance to all functional and non-functional requirements.
- Execute tasks related to the production of the test plans, test cases, test scripts and test data.
- Analyse the results of the testing process and recommend solutions.
- Define, identify, collect and organise detailed information relating to testing requirements.
- Interact with the project team to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and conformance criteria.
- Stay current on established tools, techniques, and technologies.
- Maintain security, integrity, and business continuity controls and documents.
- To participate in the constant development of providing a quality service to our clients.
- Systems testing dynamic applications across web, mobile.
- Experience of automating test cases using Cypress, Selenium or similar
- Experience of planning and preparation of testing activities
- Experience of development of test specifications
- Understanding of BDD
- Understanding of software development in an Agile context
- Understanding of planning tools such as JIRA, and associated Agile Software process
- Experience with test planning software, for example Test Rail
- Competent with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good organisational skills
- Provision of recommendations based on test result analysis
- Analytical and logical mind
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to prioritise and work within deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
What you’ll get in return
- Knowledge of how to build an automation framework from scratch
- Understanding of CI/CD and where/how testing fits into pipelines. Experience with tools like Azure or GitHub
- Source control management and associated tools, such as GIT
- Experience of D365
- Knowledge of non-functional testing for example accessibility, performance and availability and tools to assist with non-functional testing i.e. JMeter
- Running UAT sessions
- ISTQB Foundation
- Bachelor’s in computer engineering
- Ability to investigate and recommend appropriate tools
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: Head of QA
- Employment Type: full_time