Divisional HR Director – SafeContractor
Creating Safer Workplaces for Everyone.
We want to create a better working world by building a global network of responsible buyers and suppliers. Alcumus SafeContractor takes the pain out of compliance for over 50,000 organisations globally, helping them protect their people, their operations, and the planet. We support our network of hiring clients, suppliers, and contractors by keeping them compliant with the standards that matter most, from health and safety and sustainability to ethical behaviour.
Are you ready for a new challenge that aligns with your passion for driving a successful people strategy, engaging teams, and contributing to a thriving company culture? Look no further! Alcumus, a dynamic and fast-growing business delivering consistent double-digit growth, is seeking a talented HR Director to join our team and lead our Global SafeContractor HR division.
At Alcumus, we pride ourselves on being a values-led organization where innovation, diversity, and engagement are at the forefront. Join us in a business that not only focuses on continuous growth but also champions diversity with a C Suite where 50% are women. We go beyond being just a workplace; we are a family of 800 employees working collaboratively to achieve excellence.
What that means day to day
As the Divisional HR Director, you will spearhead all People activities across the Global SafeContractor division, collaborating closely with the Safecontractor Divisional CEO and leaders to drive the implementation of our people strategy. This pivotal role allows you to act as a strategic and tactical People leader, influencing and shaping the people strategy to propel business growth.
- Strategic Leadership: Provide strategic counsel and lead the execution of people and culture initiatives, driving organizational excellence.
- Collaborative Excellence: Collaborate with executive management, line managers, and HR teams to foster a culture of excellence and high performance.
- Global People Strategy: Lead the execution of the people strategy for the SafeContractor division in the UK and Canada, aligning with commercial objectives.
- Change Management Expertise: Anticipate organizational design needs and spearhead change management initiatives for a high-performing global team.
- Talent Development and Engagement: Develop effective approaches to analyze skill gaps, drive workforce planning, and promote a diverse, inclusive, and engaged culture.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Extensive HR & People experience with a global perspective
- Proven ability to influence and lead change management, driving outcomes with senior leadership
- Expertise in delivering commercial returns from HR activities
- Proficient in organizational design models and executing organizational change
- Successful track record in global people objective delivery
- Leadership in developing and executing comprehensive people strategies
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with high impact and energy
- Resilient, tenacious, and results-focused
- Holds MCIPD/FCIPD (or equivalent) and MSc Human Resources/CIPD level 7
What you'll get in return
Alcumus has a hybrid workplace policy, where you will work from the office 3 days per week. We want you to be able to do your best work here. We emphasize providing many ways to support our team to do their best work and below are some of the perks and benefits we offer:
Personal Health & Wellbeing / Benefits
>🍼 Enhanced Parental Leave
>🌴Generous annual leave
>🏥 Healthcare Plan
>💟 Annual Giving Day – an extra day to give back to yourself or your community
>🚲 Cycle-to-work Scheme
>💰Pension scheme with employer contributions
>🧬 Life Assurance – 3X base salary
>💸 Rewards Program – access to discounts and cashback
>🏫 LinkedIn Learning License for upskilling & development
Interested but don’t feel you meet all the requirements?
Our recruitment team assesses and reviews all applications against the role and business needs. We believe in people having transferable and soft skills and want you to know that we do consider where an individual might not meet all the criteria, but have the aptitude and capability, nonetheless. Our priority is to ensure we set people up for success. We will make a final call based on our determining whether we can offer the necessary support to upskill or provide the developmental support needed for you to get the best out of this opportunity with us!
Bring Your Whole Self to Work.
Alcumus is proudly an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that no candidate is discriminated against because of gender identity and expression, race, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, colour, region, creed, national origin, or sex. We are dedicated to growing a diverse team while continuing to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe and empowered to be themselves.
What you can expect if you apply:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: Chief People Officer
- Employment Type: full_time