As a Senior Software Developer, you will work closely with a team of software solutions developers contributing to a high-quality application, developing code in an efficient, maintainable way using industry best practices, keeping up to date with the latest relevant technological innovations.
What that means day to day
What you’ll need to be successful
- Become an integral part of the development team, actively contributing towards development of software applications, contributing to the development process ensuring that the highest standards are maintained throughout.
- Have a curious and creative passion for coding, take pride in your own coding ability and share experiences with the team.
- Form a deep understanding of the Alcumus product portfolio, translating “what” into “how” we deliver valuable features to our customers.
- Attend training & education to ensure you can execute both efficiently and effectively.
- Regularly contribute to the ongoing improvement of team practices and ways of working with an aim to helping the team deliver value to the customer.
- Collaborate with other teams, both within the Technology department and across the business to identify ways to reuse existing work and reduce time to market.
- Develop new features and functionality within the existing product
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Work closely with the quality teams to ensure that standards are maintained and improved.
- Provide third-level support to business users.
- Adapt and learn to work with other languages/platforms where required.
- .Net Core (C#)
- Angular 12
- Azure SQL Server
- Entity Framework Core
- Mongo DB
- Identity Server 4
- HTML / CSS / SASS
- RESTful APIs
- Docker/Kubernetes (Azure AKS)
- BDD Working as a member of an Agile team.
- Ability to adapt and learn to use new languages/platforms
What you’ll get in return
- Security best practices (OWASP, ISO 27001, ISO 27032)
- Alert Manager
- Azure DevOps (CI/CD)
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline
FOR THE HERE AND NOW – We provide a mature and flexible ‘work your way’ culture, generous holiday allowance, a ‘giving day’ to give back to others, enhanced family friendly leave (regardless of gender), an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts, cover for a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services, a cycle to work scheme and paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell.
FOR FUN – You spend a significant percentage of your time with your colleagues (and what a great bunch of people they are!) and it’s important to us that everyone contributes to an environment that is positive and full of laughs. We’ve always got something going on, from charity events and competitions to recognition events and awards and we encourage our teams to get involved and have fun along the way.
FOR THE FUTURE – To set you up for later on in life, we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance policy for peace of mind. We offer a plethora of development resources and support, including access to LinkedIn learning to support you as you develop your career with us. Last year alone we filled nearly 30% of our roles with internal candidates (which equates to almost 50 people being promoted!)
Sound interesting so far?
What you can expect if you apply:
- A response to your application within 15 working days
- An interview process consisting of:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Employment Type: full_time