This role is open to internal candidates, those currently working outside of the London office would be required to occasionally travel to the London office and would maintain their existing 3 day working week from their current office.
An exciting opportunity to join the Planet Mark team, this is a role where you will build relationships with customers across various sectors to sell the Planet Mark product.
As a Sustainable Business Manager, you'll have a passion for net zero and will be responsible for driving the successful each of Planet Mark across all sectors in the UK. You'll join an enthusiastic and purpose-driven team, who are passionate about helping businesses in their sustainability journey.
What that means day to day
As someone with knowledge or a keen interest in sustainability in business, you'll identify the needs of a business to develop and close leads, sell the Planet Mark product and highlight additional packages and services to support them.
You'll also be responsible for:
What you’ll need to be successful
- Outbound lead generation and progression.
- Respond to, and progress, incoming leads from phone calls, and website enquiries.
- Understanding the breadth of the Planet Mark product portfolio to effectively explain and sell all products.
- Develop sector-specific sustainability knowledge and contacts for your allocated sectors.
- Attend trade shows, conferences and meetings.
What you'll get in return
- Knowledge or keen interest of sustainability in business and net zero.
- Demonstrated experience in selling business services and/or software SAS sales.
- A demonstrable knowledge, experience, and preferably a qualification in, sustainability and the environment.
- Intelligent lead sourcing in target sectors.
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills and can deliver quality work to agreed deadlines, maintaining clear focus under pressure is a must.
Alcumus has a hybrid workplace policy, where you will work from the office 3 days per week. We want you to be able to do your best work here. We emphasize providing many ways to support our team to do their best work and below are some of the perks and benefits we offer:
Personal Health & Wellbeing / Benefits
>🍼 Enhanced Parental Leave
>🌴Generous annual leave
>🏥 Healthcare Plan
>💟 Annual Giving Day – an extra day to give back to yourself or your community
>🚲 Cycle-to-work Scheme
>💰Pension scheme with employer contributions
>🧬 Life Assurance – 3X base salary
>💸 Rewards Program – access to discounts and cashback
>🏫 LinkedIn Learning License for upskilling & development
Interested but don’t feel you meet all the requirements?
Our recruitment team assesses and reviews all applications against the role and business needs. We believe in people having transferable and soft skills and want you to know that we do consider where an individual might not meet all the criteria, but have the aptitude and capability, nonetheless. Our priority is to ensure we set people up for success. We will make a final call based on our determining whether we can offer the necessary support to upskill or provide the developmental support needed for you to get the best out of this opportunity with us!
Bring Your Whole Self to Work.
Alcumus is proudly an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that no candidate is discriminated against because of gender identity and expression, race, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, colour, region, creed, national origin, or sex. We are dedicated to growing a diverse team while continuing to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe and empowered to be themselves.
What you can expect if you apply:
- An initial discovery call with the recruiter
- A first stage interview via Microsoft Teams
- Additional interview (likely face to face) with the stakeholders you’ll be working with closely in the role
We’re keen to ensure our hiring process allows you to be at your best, so if you need us to make any adjustments, please just let us know.
- Reporting To: Head of Sales
- Employment Type: full_time