Independent Research Firm’s Guide for Contractor Safety Management Reveals Three Technology Maturity Levels and Product Development Trends
- Alcumus features in the 11 most prominent contractor safety management software solutions in the market, recognised for:
- offering versatile contractor selection tools.
- utilising meaningful monitoring and analytics to manage risk.
- driving a holistic approach to contractor management with key module additions.
- Solutions are on a cycle of continuous development, which has seen the pandemic accelerate innovation.
Verdantix have released its buyer’s guide for ‘Contractor Safety Management Software’ 2021, providing a global analysis of the most prominent software suppliers available in the market today, product development trends and three technology maturity levels. The report is intended to help environment, health and safety (EHS) and procurement managers assess and acquire solutions best suited to their requirements.
As supply chains become ever more complex and with an increased focus on environment social and governance (ESG) factors, operations and safety leaders are looking for digital solutions that can solve high-impact risks related to contractor prequalification, onboarding and safety training, site access control, control of work, and safety performance and monitoring.
Supply chain visibility is among the top strategic priorities of companies worldwide (GEODIS)
Contractor Safety Management Solutions Transitioning Through a Period of Intense Product Development
From a market perspective, the report finds that the last two years have highlighted the need to aggregate and centralise contractor safety data on single integrated software platforms. Through this period, contractor safety management and e-learning has experienced intense product development due to unprecedented challenges brought on by the pandemic, resulting in a need to maximise insights driven by connected devices.
To manage the implications of lockdowns and ever changing COVID regulations has resulted in an increased need to accelerate innovation, whilst also reflecting the growing trend towards integrating safety with operational risk mitigation tools.
In April 2020, these factors saw Alcumus support NHS England and NHS Improvement with access to accredited suppliers and contractors to minimise health, safety and quality risks in their supply chain.
Helen Jones - Chief Operating Officer, Enterprise at Alcumus said:
“While there are many ways to source and manage working with third parties, what is clear is that there is no room for short-cuts that have the potential to put your company and individuals at risk. When it comes to choosing the people you work with, organisations need to satisfy themselves that they can do the job safely, ethically and without risks. With effective contractor management solutions in place, companies can onboard and confidently work with contractors and suppliers.”
Three Maturity Levels of Contractor Safety Management Solutions
Contractor safety management solutions are on a cycle of continuous development. The Verdantix reports finds that contractor safety solutions can be categorised in three areas with distinct methods to collect contractor data, each with different levels of technology maturity:
- Service-led prequalification data collection: where companies outsource prequalification data collection and evaluation from contractor safety service providers; the least progressive in terms of technology.
- Maintained contractor portal: a detailed database of suppliers’ safety credentials, where vendors can charge both hiring clients and contractors yearly subscriptions.
- Integrated contractor safety platform: which streamlines contractor data collection, drawing on process automation to build a holistic and close to real-time insight into not only contractor qualifications, but supplier risk and safety performance.
With advances in digital innovation, using contractor safety management software can help organisations efficiently manage and control the risk of using third party workers across multiple sites and make sure that the right precautions are in place to reduce workplace incidents and accidents.
In its report Verdantix highlighted Alcumus as:
- Offering versatile contractor selection tools across several key aspects of contractor safety management and prequalification insight.
- Utilising meaningful monitoring and analytics to manage risk and EHS workflows to provide real-time contractor safety insight and compliance metrics.
- Driving a holistic approach to contractor management with key module additions in the areas of data analytics and reporting, global language support and contractor invoicing processes, as well as plans to integrate contractor data into existing ESG offerings.
Alcumus was also previously recognised as a Leader in the Verdantix 2021 EHS Software Green Quadrant where it achieved the second highest score of 2.3 for contractor safety management.
“Through Alcumus, firms can not only track and assess individual contractor status on accreditations, insurance, work categories and risks based on site or job task, but can also facilitate the onboarding, prequalification and ongoing management of contractors for buying entities. Out-of-the-box prequalification topics covered include insurance status, financial costs, environmental records, quality management, modern slavery compliance, anti-bribery controls, GDPR, past references, and other business and professional documentation.”