: Product Manager
: Cardiff, United Kingdom, blend of flexible and remote working available
We believe that everyone should be able to go home safely from work every night, so we’ve made it our mission to build solutions that enable our customers to identify, manage and develop how they and their supply chains keep people safe, reduce risk and simplify processes through our expert teams and technology.
Working in Product at Alcumus means developing and building products and services that really help our customers.
Product Managers at Alcumus lead a multi-functional squad for the successful delivery and commercialisation of our product lines across the full suite of EHSQ solutions. With clear customer and business objectives you will continually improve our existing solutions, develop, and launch new propositions that customers love. We want to remove the complexity of highly regulated products and make the product engagement an engaging one, who said H&S had to be taxing right?
We want to be the best in the market at what we do, continually innovating to solve problems for our customers and staying one step ahead in an industry that is constantly evolving. You have a unique opportunity here to revolutionise the environmental, H&S, Risk and compliance space into a new digital era.
We are looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about leading product development, who lives and breathes a customer mind set and is eager to constructively challenge the status quo.
You will join an environment where you can Work Your Way in terms of flexibility, develop new and optimised ideas with thought leaders, innovate, collaborate and enjoy the journey with colleagues in a supportive and challenging environment.
Alcumus are the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally for 2020 and beyond.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate who has significant experience in a Product Management role, ideally within a health and safety-based organisation. The ideal candidate will have experience of managing existing portfolios, but also experience in launching new products to market. As this role will work alongside several stakeholders both internally and externally, the ability to build meaningful relationships is essential. The ideal candidate will have experience of working within an agile environment, have owned a solution end to end to drive commercial success, and will have the ability to unearth customer insights and champion the voice of the client. It is desired that a candidate can size market opportunities and create business cases for choosing products, features and markets to prioritise, and have a good understanding of how to use qualitative and quantitative research to drive product and marketing strategy.
The Bits Our People Love
- We have a genuine focus on health & wellbeing – With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
- We invest in the development of our people - we have a progressive, customer focussed Learning & Development team working to support both your personal and professional development; helping you to shape your career pathway in a way that works for you (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
- We care about charitable work and CSR in our communities – We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular recognition – Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
- We work with some fantastic people – We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of your loyalty, this will increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. Your dependents under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further!
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first. We offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments!
- Free fruit – we care about your health & wellbeing so grab a banana, apple or orange on us regardless of if you’re in the office or out in the field
- Free parking on-site – no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
Due to Covid-19 our normal recruitment process has been adapted to ensure the safety of our employee’s and candidates. To ensure the quality and experience of the process is kept at a high standard, you will be thoroughly prepared prior to your interview. It would be helpful if you have access to a webcam and laptop/computer so that your interview can take place online. Any presentations and assessments may also be completed virtually.
Bethany Willcox (#LI-BW1)
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.